UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford needs to go back to recruiting the boys who can play line. This undersized "speed" nonsense just isn't working. And Cole King dropped a sure TD.

My real issue is we have had ZERO running game this season..ZERO!!!! That's on the line!

Quick hitting thoughts:

Offenseive line played terrible. Zero push.

Our play calling is predictable and doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense at times. 3rd and long and we threw a lot of swing passes?

Defense played decent except they had no pass rush.

Crowd was OK, but the tailgate was quiet. Makes me think there were a lot of students, which is fine by me.

Nice picture of the stadium that everyone had to walk by. They also had a stadium seat which was cool to see. No real information on it though.

"We didn't run, block, throw or catch," Smith offered. "We need to keep the defense off the field and help the other side (of the ball). We didn't take a step backward tonight, but we didn't go forward."

At least we tackled better today when we caught up to the guy. TOO MANY DROPPED PASSES--many wide open with no defender; Cole was as wide open as I ever saw a UA receiver. If he catches that it is 7-7 and who knows; but he was not the only one who dropped passes. No rushing game at all, O-LINE simply awful, no push; and I still feel Ford' needs to reduce the # of tailbacks he keeps throwing in there.

A couple of openings in the Big East this am????

I don't think Leathley's played enough to call it QB 'rotation', and Drew Smith at wildcat probably isn't a full-time solution.

I also wouldn't try the onside kick again until they can execute it a little better. (I wouldn't have tried the first one anyway, too soon).

What are the odds that this conference realignment could effect us? If the CAA gets raided by C-USA because the the BE hits C-USA could that open a slot for us? The new stadium (field/multi-purpose facility) with a build out of 24k has to be appealing. Sure we'll only have 6k next year but we could commit to building out to 12k by 5 years. We're also a large state univerisity and in the 60th? largest media market.

Archived