UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fans don't usually get too excited about punting but Paul Layton averaged over 54 yards a punt yesterday, second in FCS. He had one roll into the end zone late in the game for a touchback which would have been a 70 yarder. If that were downed he would have lead the nation.

Impossible yesterday for him to add more yardage to his punts. What he needed was either to get some backspin, kick them higher, or get some faster cover men to down them. (Let's face it, the coffin corner kick is dead (haha) nobody does it anymore). Amazing to go thru his punts one by one:

1) 47-yarder, no return yards, three yard line

2) 57-yarder, touchback

3) 63-yarder, rolls into endzone, touchback

4) 49-yarder, no return yards, at the Columbia 13

5) 53-yarder, downed at the one

6) 70-yarder rolls into endzone, touchback

7) 41-yarder, bounces into endzone, touchback.

Should have beaten them worse. The mental mistake cost the TD at the end of the half. I don't know if the video feed was the same as was on the stadium scoreboard. NOBODY saw the illegal procedure on the fake punt that was called back, the unsportsmanlike call was crap - he was facing our bench and only made an 'incomplete'-like wave, wasn't taunting the other players but you know it's gonna get called on the road. Overall eleven penalties after only five total in the first two games.

Good visitors crowd, I'd guess at least 500 on our side. Think we saw 90's D-II QB Joe Savino and his dad, among others. With the humidity I'm glad the sun wasn't shining.

Also liked the girl come out of the crowd to do 37 pushups on the track while the security guy is telling her she has to stop - she told him she'd stop when she was done. She wouldn't do them for 44 points, though. I suppose we're lucky they didn't call an unsportsmanlike on the crowd

Impossible yesterday for him to add more yardage to his punts. What he needed was either to get some backspin, kick them higher, or get some faster cover men to down them. (Let's face it, the coffin corner kick is dead (haha) nobody does it anymore). Amazing to go thru his punts one by one:

1) 47-yarder, no return yards, three yard line

2) 57-yarder, touchback

3) 63-yarder, rolls into endzone, touchback

4) 49-yarder, no return yards, at the Columbia 13

5) 53-yarder, downed at the one

6) 70-yarder rolls into endzone, touchback

7) 41-yarder, bounces into endzone, touchback.

Should have beaten them worse. The mental mistake cost the TD at the end of the half. I don't know if the video feed was the same as was on the stadium scoreboard. NOBODY saw the illegal procedure on the fake punt that was called back, the unsportsmanlike call was crap - he was facing our bench and only made an 'incomplete'-like wave, wasn't taunting the other players but you know it's gonna get called on the road. Overall eleven penalties after only five total in the first two games.

Good visitors crowd, I'd guess at least 500 on our side. Think we saw 90's D-II QB Joe Savino and his dad, among others. With the humidity I'm glad the sun wasn't shining.

Also liked the girl come out of the crowd to do 37 pushups on the track while the security guy is telling her she has to stop - she told him she'd stop when she was done. She wouldn't do them for 44 points, though. I suppose we're lucky they didn't call an unsportsmanlike on the crowd

Layton is a definite NFL talent. The hang time is amazing. He literally pooches 45 yarders.

The unsportsmanlike was warranted. He did the WWF belt action, not an incomplete sign. Def warranted IMO.

The last play of the half was the weirdest I've ever seen.

Archived