UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Biggest Week in UA Football History (vs. SHU)

I think I am making the trip for this game. Anyone else fom "downstate" or New England attending??? Calling Danefan and Dane 96.

I wish I could, but as of now I can't go. :(

I am 50-50; Currently in Europe for work...not sure I am going to be mentally and emotionally able to drive after landing on Friday night.

Don't be a wimp!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am making the trip for this game. Anyone else fom "downstate" or New England attending??? Calling Danefan and Dane 96.

I wish I could, but as of now I can't go. :(

I am 50-50; Currently in Europe for work...not sure I am going to be mentally and emotionally able to drive after landing on Friday night.

Don't be a wimp!

Yeah, it's sounding fairly soft 96.

Does anyone watch the games on DaneZone? Have we upgraded to include audio yet?

I watch both basketball and football on the DaneZone. The picture is a little better than previous seasons but there is still no audio. I can't understand why they can't just pipe in the radio broadcasts like other schools do. For basketball some schools even have the local TV coverage of the game streaming. So when games are on TW3 that should be the feed that is on the DaneZone.

Apparently there is a way for Duquesne to lose and still clinch the title if Albany loses and a whole host of other things happen.

http://necsports.posterous.com/nec-news-of-the-day-will-ualbany-or-duquesne

Duquesne needs to win its Week 12 matchup against Robert Morris and have UAlbany lose to Sacred Heart in order to claim the coveted postseason berth. As always, however, there is one exception.

Should Duquesne lose to Robert Morris, there is still one way the Dukes can wind up representing the NEC in the 20-team playoff field. Duquesne can clinch the bid if ALL of the following occur… UAlbany loses to Sacred Heart, Wagner defeats Monmouth, AND, Bryant beats Central Connecticut.

Opening page of the UAlbany sports site is touting "Win and We're In!" weekend for FB and VB, but of course that's only seen by people already interested in UA sports.

Really a shame and proof that the athletic admin sucks at marketing. they should be promoting the $iena out of this...build up a ton of support, get people out to the game and prove to everyone WHY WE NEED A STADIUM!!

(they barely even mention the games in social media...hard hard can that be?)

Opening page of the UAlbany sports site is touting "Win and We're In!" weekend for FB and VB, but of course that's only seen by people already interested in UA sports.

Really a shame and proof that the athletic admin sucks at marketing. they should be promoting the $iena out of this...build up a ton of support, get people out to the game and prove to everyone WHY WE NEED A STADIUM!!

This could blow up in our face. If Albany wins on Saturday in front of 1500 or 1800 people the naysayers will come out of the woodwork. If they lose(God forbid) they will say we are a highschool team and we do not need the stadium.

The University or President Phillips has to hire a real marketing professional to come in and be a full time employee as well as a fund raiser!!! Christ at this point I would step forward and do both!!! President Phillip call me and make an offer. I have raised hundereds of millions of dollars in the last 20 years for Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital. To raise $ for a stadium would be easy.

The old saying goes: "If you want something done right then do it yourself!"

I've actually noticed quite a bit of talk about it on twitter, facebook, etc. Seen a number of stories in the news media..tv, newspaper, etc. And also just noticed the ad (below) on the top of the TU's website. Obviously don't know how that translates to the student/on-campus feeling..but they seem to be doing a pretty decent job externally..given the limited resources.

Well..I obviously am technologically illiterate.. but here's the link to the screenshot... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/65947102.png/

This could blow up in our face. If Albany wins on Saturday in front of 1500 or 1800 people the naysayers will come out of the woodwork. If they lose(God forbid) they will say we are a highschool team and we do not need the stadium.

The University or President Phillips has to hire a real marketing professional to come in and be a full time employee as well as a fund raiser!!! Christ at this point I would step forward and do both!!! President Phillip call me and make an offer. I have raised hundereds of millions of dollars in the last 20 years for Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital. To raise $ for a stadium would be easy.

Then get to it man. It might be necessary to volunteer your services, to your old alma mater.

You know how tight the wallet is over there.

Then get to it man. It might be necessary to volunteer your services, to your old alma mater.

You know how tight the wallet is over there.

The sad part is that I have on a few different times. I even offered to work on commissions.

Archived