UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. #5 Syracuse

Doc

Suero is only going to get better, he does some things wrong which is expected. But my god he can score.

These up and around/unders/through Big East big men is pretty mind boggling. Timmy was straight line to the bucket so if defenders anticipated well enough could get charge. Suero's far more mobile in the air. LOVE the FTA/FGA going to be near best in country at this rate

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy has a chance to be top 10 scorer in UA history in just two years if he average 25ppg lol. Timmy was, what, #4? And he only averaged like 15 or something.

It's really a shame we didn't get a guy like Suero as a freshman. Maybe one day, when Albany is playing in the Big East, we will have guys as talented as this on a somewhat normal basis. One can only hope...

I definitely see Albany winning at least 20 games and winning the AE. After seeing the team so far, I think that's a realistic goal that can be achieved.

I never like losing but I liked the way the team played tonight. Suero is obviously a solid player but I am trying not to get overexcited. :) Gotta love this quote from a really solid player.

“He’s really good. A slasher,” SU forward Kris Joseph said. “We knew what he was capable of and he came out (tonight) and did the same thing. Whether we were in a man or a zone, he found a spot. And he got to the free throw line a lot.”

No. 5 Orange Crush UAlbany

http://troyrecord.co...wmode=fullstory

Don Bassett breaks it down for UAlbany

http://therecordspor...or-ualbany.html

Syracuse 98, UAlbany 74 (with post game press video from both coaches)

http://therecordspor...ualbany-74.html

UAlbany does some good things in loss at the Dome

http://blog.timesuni...the-dome/11820/

Forget record, loss; this UAlbany team is good

http://blog.timesuni...-is-good/11821/

Will Brown wins when he has a superstar. Gerardo Suero is a superstar. Therefore, the Great Danes will win a lot of games this year.

Overflowing with Suero intensity. The only problem is I'm getting increasingly worried about our bigs. Both injuries and poor position have yielding big John Puk ineffective and I'm worried we won't see him play up to his potential this year.

Will Brown wins when he has a superstar. Gerardo Suero is a superstar. Therefore, the Great Danes will win a lot of games this year.

Overflowing with Suero intensity. The only problem is I'm getting increasingly worried about our bigs. Both injuries and poor position have yielding big John Puk ineffective and I'm worried we won't see him play up to his potential this year.

Honestly, I'm not worried yet. Both Devlin and Puk need to get healthy and in better shape. I'd expect Devlin to be up and down probably 'till about conference play and Puk needs to get that infection cleared up. What are your expectations for Puk...for me, 6pts, 5rb and 1.5blk would be a good season.

A bit rough on Puk and Devlin after 3 games there. 2 of which were against top 10 teams in the country. I think they'll be fine.

Sure I'd love to have seen more production from our front court so far.. but I have 3 thoughts on that at this point.

First.. as mentioned, we've played 2 Top 10 teams through the first week with long, athletic and talented big men.. probably some future NBAers. Second.. again as mentioned, they're effectively playing injured. Devlin's still recovering from major back surgery and Puk has a bad wheel plus an infection. I'm more surprised Puk's even playing/walking than I am disappointed he hasn't put up a double-double or something.

Lastly.. the players don't play in a vacuum. The entire starting line-up can't average double-figures while getting deep bench production. There simply aren't enough possessions, shots, etc. Do we take 10-15 shots away from Suero/Aronhalt/Black because we want Puk/Metcalf/Devlin to end up with higher totals in the points section of the stat sheet each game? The Big Three are getting shots/points because they're our best offensive weapons. Seems to make sense to me.

Archived