UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Biggest week in UA football history (@ SBU)

Thank you for the kind words....I think it is easy enough to get Dr. McElroy's email address and individually state our concerns and need for direction of the department. That is a start. A large group of supporters probably can't be ignored...this site is a great resource and a great jumping off point. Maybe we need one section just dedicated to just getting that kind of support and activism going!

Edited by GreatDane87

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the kind words....I think it is easy enough to get Dr. McElroy's email address and individually state our concerns and need for direction of the department. That is a start. A large group of supporters probably can't be ignored...this site is a great resource and a great jumping off point. Maybe we need one section just dedicated to just getting that kind of support and activism going!

I noticed someone commented on a UAlbany Athletics Facebook post with the following (I'm guessing Socal Dane), and I thought it was awesome....

"I'm disappointed in the loss. I'm furious about the disparity. SBU has a new stadium, UA has an old field. SBU has 63 scholarships, UA has 36. SBU has a 170 person marching band, UA a pep band. SBU will be playing Army and Boston College, UA will not. Inequities of the SUNY Centers!"

All of us should follow and use social media to push the university to get moving on building the stadium and upgrading all of our athletic resources. Maybe that will get their attention!

My letter to the AE Commissioner:

--------------

Dear Commissioner,

Four of the nine full America East member schools were invited to the FCS NCAA Playoffs this weekend. With nearly half of the schools in your conference making the NCAA football playoffs, doesn't it make sense to sponsor full scholarship football? College football is America's most popular sport. As the commissioner, you have the power to create real value to your members. Why does it make sense for Maine and New Hampshire to play in the CAA, Stony Brook to play in the Big South and Albany to play in the NEC when they are all full members of the America East?

Not taking proactive action could also result in loss of institutions if the NEC were to decide that the northeast deserved its own football conference. With the Big East on the verge of collapse, the northeast is not only the most densely populated region of the country, it may be the only region without a full scholarship football conference at either FCS or FBS.

Please consider sponsoring full scholarship football.

My letter to SUNY Chancellor:

----------

Dear Chancellor,

I have been a supporter of your administration. You have worked to improve the visibility and attractiveness of the SUNY system. It is for this reason that I have a question.

I watched the dubbed "SUNY Bowl" on ESPN3 Saturday, which was the first round of FSC NCAA football playoffs between Albany and Stony Brook. I was disappointed with the Albany loss but outraged by the disparity between sister SUNY Centers.

Why should one SUNY Center have a new stadium while another has a forty year old field? Why should one offer 63 scholarships while the other is at 36? Why should one compete against high profile universities like Boston College and Army while the other plays against low profile regional colleges? By should one have a large 170 person marching band and the other has a small pep band?

The disparity, inequity, vast gulf in treatment between UAlbany and Stony Brook is maddening. This doesn't even factor in Buffalo, which is treated even better than Stony Brook. There are three SUNY Center football paying institutions, two have resources and facilities and one does not. UAlbany deserves better treatment.

Where is the equity? Where is the fairness? Shouldn't there be some veiled attempt at consistency? Is special treatment offered if a SUNY Center is on LI or in Buffalo? Why the disparity?

San Diego dane, if you don't mind, I'm borrowing your words and resending.

It would be ridiculous not to be proud of this team. They went to the long island ready

to smash teeth, and they did. I was thinking this: stony brook took the knee on the last snap,

knowing they should have lost.

I'd hate to be Dilella, with his last collegiate pass being THAT one, and the consequences it had.

There were a handful of his passes that were less than prestine in the 2nd half.

Nonetheless, I wish Dan was coming back, and I thank him for a fine season. And I thank the whole team

for a fine UA representation.

Certainly I didn't mind the call, it's the judgement used on the pass that I questioned. There were

4 brook players surrounding the receiver. It wasn't 4th down.

I would enjoy very much playing stony brook when we have 63 rides and a similar stadium. We'd go back

to whipping their ass time and again.

That's what having a coach ford does for a program. Unfortunately, he won't coach forever, and he's our

golden chip in this poker game. We could progress leaps and bounds beyond what we already have, with coach

Ford guiding it, if they'd just give us the stadium and the conference and the schollies.

Time is ticking.

Anyhow, the UAlbany nys represenatives should get bombarded with letters and comments, for

not getting their suny center the same goods as buffalo and stony brook.

Edited by uofalbany