UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Cornell

MRSGDG

Logan's had a tough few years at UA.

This team came out of the summer with a great deal of promise and has really been hit by the injury bug.

Puk has not come back from foot problems well and the got some type of skin infection that needed surgery.

Devlin has struggled getting back to form after back surgery.

Hooley who many thought was going to be a All Rookie selection is out for the year.

Now Logan can play if he can handle the pain and doersn't take a hard shot on his knee.

That's 4 of our top six.

With that said lets hope Black and Suero can carry the load, Guerrier provides some points and Logan can hang in there for the duration.

Yeah, tough luck...wish we could have had Hooley and Devlin at full strength this season. With that being said, its an opportunity for a few of the other guys to step up, Watts, Gibson, Gurrier.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a debbie downer...but I really hope he doesn't have microfractiures...that would be bizarre. Usually they do microfracture to cure articular cartilige damage in the knee and hip..and it is a slow recovery. That's what Amare Stoudamire had done. Coach is right...it is a pain thing...so hopefully he can finish his career PRIOR to surgically repairing it.

The osgood...that's normal and easy to take care of.

Logan's a tough kid...so hopefully he is able to work through this.

I like Watts alot but who do you sit Logan, Black or Suero all three of them have potential All AE abilities, too

Completely agree. Do you think this is the best bench that we've ever had?

Another good thing that I have noticed pertains to our big men. In the past, how many times did we see a ball swatted away while one of our big men was holding the ball (e.g., out on the perimeter or high post) looking to pass, etc.?

Our big men do a great job at holding the ball and not letting the ball get stolen or swatted away ("This is my [basketball]. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My [basketball] is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My [basketball], without me, is useless. Without my [basketball], I am useless. . . .").

I am sorry to disagree about Watts. I know we have had this same conversation last year, but I (my opinion only) would be more comfortable with Iati as a backup to Black. Watts had five turnovers against Cornell (of course with 25 for the team--I guess that is about average--but that does not excuse him). His shooting is poor at best even when he does manage to get into the lane for an open look. He does rebound and defend well, but I think Iati brings more energy when he comes in and is at least a threat from outside which keeps other defenses honest. It is too bad we lost Hooley, he may have been a better option that both; and Tanner looks poised but coach seems to be nervous about using him for anything but short defensive processions. Anyhow coach like you guys seems hot on Watts, so I guess my opinion is wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there for arm chair discussion.

I like Watts alot but who do you sit Logan, Black or Suero all three of them have potential All AE abilities, too

Completely agree. Do you think this is the best bench that we've ever had?

Another good thing that I have noticed pertains to our big men. In the past, how many times did we see a ball swatted away while one of our big men was holding the ball (e.g., out on the perimeter or high post) looking to pass, etc.?

Our big men do a great job at holding the ball and not letting the ball get stolen or swatted away ("This is my [basketball]. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My [basketball] is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My [basketball], without me, is useless. Without my [basketball], I am useless. . . .").

I am sorry to disagree about Watts. I know we have had this same conversation last year, but I (my opinion only) would be more comfortable with Iati as a backup to Black. Watts had five turnovers against Cornell (of course with 25 for the team--I guess that is about average--but that does not excuse him). His shooting is poor at best even when he does manage to get into the lane for an open look. He does rebound and defend well, but I think Iati brings more energy when he comes in and is at least a threat from outside which keeps other defenses honest. It is too bad we lost Hooley, he may have been a better option that both; and Tanner looks poised but coach seems to be nervous about using him for anything but short defensive processions. Anyhow coach like you guys seems hot on Watts, so I guess my opinion is wrong, but I thought I'd throw it out there for arm chair discussion.

I'm torn on this one too. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I see more upside to Watts. I like his ability to (sometimes) get into the lane and sometimes to the rim. He defends and rebounds. Iati does bring the energy and an outside threat, I just think most teams could exploit him on the defensive end or vs. the press. His size really does limit him in some cases. I too thought Hooley might be in position to grab some minutes. In the spirit of a NY Met fan "wait til next year".

I like Watts but I agree Iati is more of a natural point guard.

Watts didn't really play much point yesterday. Mike Black and Gibson played 42 of the possible 45 minutes. Watts mostly got minutes becuase of Suero's foul trouble and for Logan. Not to nitpick but Watts "only" had 3 turnovers not 5. I think just about everyone except the UA bus driver turned the ball over yesterday.

Amazing how physical Cornell was with Suero yesterday. Same thing Jamar dealt with a lot. I think they brought a guy off the bench mostly with the intention of hounding his physically and push him out of the spots. Seemed like he handled it better than he did early in the season.

I really wanted this game and was happy to see the heart in battling back to tie and damn near win. I'm hoping this acts like the Detroit game did last year where we seemed to have a little more toughness afterward.

Good to see Luke Devlin look a little more like Luke Devlin. Hopefully that week or so off helped him physically.

GDG's Road Warrior Series..

Ithaca is Gorges... Except When the Danes Lose

http://www.unrankedae.com/2011/12/19/2645628/ualbany-road-warrior-ithaca-is-gorges-except-when-the-danes-lose

Now he's hitting the road to NYC this morning for the St. Francis game. Good thing he saves up his vacation time for basketball season haha (sad but true).

GDG's Road Warrior Series..

Ithaca is Gorges... Except When the Danes Lose

http://www.unrankedae.com/2011/12/19/2645628/ualbany-road-warrior-ithaca-is-gorges-except-when-the-danes-lose

Now he's hitting the road to NYC this morning for the St. Francis game. Good thing he saves up his vacation time for basketball season haha (sad but true).

????

As long as he saves some vacation days for baseball games and other Danes teams I don't see a problem :D

Archived