UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Stony Brook

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had some open threes. They also hit some defended threes. We won't defend the three consistently and when a team gets hot like that, we are going to struggle.

We got killed on the boards 38-28. And Dallis Joyner w/ 15 and 11 (double his averages). Decent/athletic big men will eat us up. See Siena game for example.

Road loss against one of the better teams in conference. Rather have a W, but this one is not too bad.

They had some open threes. They also hit some defended threes. We won't defend the three consistently and when a team gets hot like that, we are going to struggle.

We got killed on the boards 38-28. And Dallis Joyner w/ 15 and 11 (double his averages). Decent/athletic big men will eat us up. See Siena game for example.

Road loss against one of the better teams in conference. Rather have a W, but this one is not too bad.

Some? They hit a plethora of open 3's. I expected a loss here but didn't think we'd get blown out and lets face it...were were down almost 20 a few times. Final score isn't indicative of how this one went. Dominated on the glass, dominated down low and played very very poor perimeter defense.

This team will go as far as this defense will take them. No defense, no chance.

I expected a loss here but didn't think we'd get blown out and lets face it...were were down almost 20 a few times. Final score isn't indicative of how this one went.

??? 13 points is a blow out now? Guess I haven't watched enough college basketball..or too much..I don't know. We had it down to single digits a couple times in the second half and were also down by 16..I believe..a couple times. I think a 13 point loss is exactly indicative of how this one went. Stony Brook's a top tier team in the conference this year..and they were undefeated at home..6-0..coming into play today.

Come back down to earth a bit..there are still 13 regular season conference games left.

I expected a loss here but didn't think we'd get blown out and lets face it...were were down almost 20 a few times. Final score isn't indicative of how this one went.

??? 13 points is a blow out now? Guess I haven't watched enough college basketball..or too much..I don't know. We had it down to single digits a couple times in the second half and were also down by 16..I believe..a couple times. I think a 13 point loss is exactly indicative of how this one went. Stony Brook's a top tier team in the conference this year..and they were undefeated at home..6-0..coming into play today.

Come back down to earth a bit..there are still 13 regular season conference games left.

Did you watch the game? I did... They were in complete control... Believe me my feet are firmly on the ground. That defensive effort was a joke but hey... All for moral victories. Again, I'm not upset about the loss but I am disappointed in the defensive effort. In case you haven't been paying attention defense has been a problem all season.

I did watch it..in person in fact. Stony Brook won a game that stayed within three to five possessions for the final 25-30 minutes for the game. Maybe you and I have different definitions of a blow out. For me..not every loss is a blowout. And I said nothing about a 'moral' victory. We have a high powered offense that missed a lot of shots..especially lay-ups and put backs..that we've been making for much of the season. Our perimeter defense has stuggled a lot this year and Stony Brook shot the lights out. Combine those with Stony Brook being a very good team and it being a road game and that equals a loss. And I'm pretty sure we'll have at least a couple more this season.

My 2¢. I agree with the not really a blow-out sentiment. Stonecrook who was shooting 40% for the year, got real hot against us for some reason (maybe poor D or maybe just luck or maybe they were just due--probably a combo of all three). They are a good defensive team that rebounds well and plays well at home and did all of those yesterday (even though UA not shooting particularly well helped crooks D look better than it was). But I THINK the tu (and I hate to give them credit for anything) hit the nail on the head in their blog article--- NO BENCH HELP.

37-37-35 minutes for Logan, Mike and G might be too much. Someone commented, what has happened to Watts and I'd like to add Guerrier to that question? Even the crook announcers knew Jason has done nothing since Monmouth. Logan commented that the team could never get on a run, maybe if the big three got a little more rest at times and if the bench contributed some points, the three might have more gas to produce the runs when needed. I know you can absolutely NOT fault the production of the big three, but I am only saying sometimes less can be more. Brown in his comments yesterday did not fault the bench, but he did say in an interview after UMBC that when the bench scores it takes some of the pressure off Logan, Mike and G and allows one or two of them to have a bad game now and then. I just feel if we are going to win the league, someone (Watts or Guerrier or Gibson or even Iati or all of the above) are going to have to provide more minutes and points.

OK, maybe my sentiment of a blowout was a bit overblown. The few times down the stretch that we got it into single digits, I felt we were only a stop or two away from making the game very interesting. We just couldn't get that stop and they outworked us on a few occasions late. One particular stretch comes to mind...I believe it was an 11 point game...Suero drives in misses, we tip it like two or three times they get the rebound....come down and miss the shot, Brenton tips it and then sticks his own rebound and it was 13.

I didn't see the game. I was at the Giants game. Will Brown didn't seem to think the defense was horrible. <_<

“We didn’t get to the (foul) line as much as I thought we should have,” Brown said. “(Starting forward Luke) Devlin had been playing consistently and he went scoreless. That hurt us. But, 72 percent in the first half … God, that can’t happen. They hit some ridiculous shots. It seems like whenever someone shot the ball for them, it went in. Our defense wasn’t horrible.”

I didn't see the game. I was at the Giants game. Will Brown didn't seem to think the defense was horrible. <_<

“We didn’t get to the (foul) line as much as I thought we should have,” Brown said. “(Starting forward Luke) Devlin had been playing consistently and he went scoreless. That hurt us. But, 72 percent in the first half … God, that can’t happen. They hit some ridiculous shots. It seems like whenever someone shot the ball for them, it went in. Our defense wasn’t horrible.”

SMalbany mentality. Losing should not be tolerated.

Archived