UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Lacrosse 2012

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love this:

AndrewSantillo strong words from UAlbany lacrosse coach Scott Marr, talking about respect and not playing second fiddle to Siena

Even the $iena reporter had a related quote in his article although his description of it as defiantly is typically TU bias. Not sure how Marr's accurate comments if anything giving LCC more respect than they deserve could be described as defiant. Fact of the matter is that dirty LCC team got the loss they deserved.

UAlbany head coach Scott Marr defiantly stuck up for his program.

"I think we deserve a little bit of respect for what we've done over here, too, and it's not all about Siena," Marr said. "I'm not going to sit here and play second fiddle to Siena. They're a good program. So are we."

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Great-Danes-outlast-Saints-3507726.php

Because $iena can rack up wins in that garbage conference, the TU tries to pump up their programj, bordering on ridiculous.

Even at the lowest of times, we still beat em.

It wouldn't have been that close, but our defense seemed to have a brainfart several times in the 4th quarter.

Several times our D seemed to open up like the parting of the red sea, giving them an uncontestede, close look at the net.

We have turned a corner. Let's hope we continue to improve and continue to gel all around.

Because $iena can rack up wins in that garbage conference, the TU tries to pump up their programj, bordering on ridiculous.Even at the lowest of times, we still beat em.

It wouldn't have been that close, but our defense seemed to have a brainfart several times in the 4th quarter.

Several times our D seemed to open up like the parting of the red sea, giving them an uncontestede, close look at the net.

We have turned a corner. Let's hope we continue to improve and continue to gel all around.

You are kinder than me. I would say the same thing without the need to put "Bordering" in the sentence

That was a brainfart on my part Bob, I should have chose my words more carefully and accurately!

As for the TU, I never turned the corner with them, thinking somehow they had improved with their coverage

and treatment of the Big State school dominating the region's college sports.... like some seemed to have done.

They still suck.

Tough loss last night. I just can not figure out this team. At times they look awesome: but then they seem to find a way to lose. Both last night and against $iena the "D" looked dominant and aggressive, yet teams continue to find ways to score double digit goals against us every game. The offense at times seem to score at will; but always seem to have long periods of being in a funk? I do not know how we can play 44 minutes of dominating lacrosse @umbc and then give it away in the last 6 minutes, Bob87 says it was because we failed to win a single face off in that span, but that can not be only reason. We lose a lot of face offs period. Last night we dominated the face off battle and ground balls, but again we found a way to lose. Awarding the face off to brook just before it's winning goal was an absolutely horrible call (I still have not watched the second half recorded), but we simply have to find a way to hold them off that last minute. Anyhow, I guess we have to be road warriors for the am.east tourney; and hopefully they can figure it out and put it all together for a couple of wins.

A very good friend is very involved with northeast lacrosse. He knows two kids who visited Albany on LAX recruiting trips. Neither were impressed with the program and thought the practices seemed unorganized. Neither will be attending UA.

They visited together or on seperate trips? Maybe we didn't really need the kids anyhow?

Everybody's perception is different. Some are looking for specific things in a program and campus.

Not worried here.

I've got a feeling that we are going to go places with our current group of young lax players...

and with Huber getting valuable experience his freshman year.... look out.

Except for a few brainsquirts, our D has develped into something respectable. With another year or two playing together,

we just may be a powerhouse. Heck, we might get into the NCAAs this year.

Stony Brook isn't a pushover, and it was anyone's game.

We might be scoring 15+ goals a game down the road.

I'm very pleased with the progress on our offense and defense alike, and especially the net minding by Huber, agile and fast.

With the Thompsons from last year looking mature now, and with Lyle coming on STRONG, and Stenberg looking darn good as a freshman

at attack with the others...... I have optimism.

This year might not be the year to beat the Hopkins or the Cuses.... but it just may be possible next year and the year after.

Edited by uofalbany

uofalbany thanks for the encouraging evaluation. The team does look like it is finally showing signs of life. I was thinking the rainbows @ the $iena game were a sign of hope; and then we let them back in it and then lose to brook even though we pretty much dominated statistically. And with the fourth qtr collapse @ umbc it is hard to know what to think. UA looks so good; even dominant @ times, but continues to struggle for wins. On the lax power forum, someone commented the "D" seems to tire @ the end. I think the "O" does also. Perhaps because we are so young and maybe short on depth. So perhaps you are right and we are a recruiting class and a year away. Here's hoping they can make a little noise in the am.east tourney anyway.

They visited together or on seperate trips? Maybe we didn't really need the kids anyhow?

Everybody's perception is different. Some are looking for specific things in a program and campus.

My understanding is separate. I don't know much about the kids and this was just something my friend was telling me about.