UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CAA looking for two full members?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel there is any shot Albany would also receive an invitation? Honest assessment not a pipe dream.

Honest opinion is not yet.

I think there are a lot of questions about the university's commitment to Division I athletics and football.

The stadium is great in our minds, but it doesn't scream "DI football" commitment.

The only thing that may get us in right now is if SBU wants us too (unlikely) or UNH and Maine push.

It makes sense to have all AEast football schools in one conference, but I don't think the CAA cares about that.

HOLY $iena! If true...rest in peace CAA. That league will no longer be the league it was. William and Mary is likely going to look at the PL now...they have to. Football members must be scratching there head. This has to be the smack in the ass to push out VCU and George Mason. Villanova will $iena or get off the football pot.

In fact, if I were the AE Commish...I am on the horn with all conference President's and saying, BU...STFU...the time is now. Let's make a push to merge the AE and CAA. It would make a very strong league.

Football schools in the CAA have a major problem now. UD, Towson, JMU, Maine and UNH is what I see left (if W&M move). How long before JMU makes a push out now?! Grab SBU and Albany...and move along. Get a waiver from the NCAA to save the autobid. Pick up another school if W&B is out! Hoop schools...who knows what happens with the CAA schools. Drexel, without a new arena, isn't on anyone's list. Hofstra...that President killed their leverage by dumping football. Northeastern...don't know what they would want to do. UNCW has no partners anymore...Charlotte will move up to CUSA quickly.

This has major major implications!!!!

HOLY $iena! If true...rest in peace CAA. That league will no longer be the league it was. William and Mary is likely going to look at the PL now...they have to. Football members must be scratching there head. This has to be the smack in the ass to push out VCU and George Mason. Villanova will $iena or get off the football pot.

In fact, if I were the AE Commish...I am on the horn with all conference President's and saying, BU...STFU...the time is now. Let's make a push to merge the AE and CAA. It would make a very strong league.

Football schools in the CAA have a major problem now. UD, Towson, JMU, Maine and UNH is what I see left (if W&M move). How long before JMU makes a push out now?! Grab SBU and Albany...and move along. Get a waiver from the NCAA to save the autobid. Pick up another school if W&B is out! Hoop schools...who knows what happens with the CAA schools. Drexel, without a new arena, isn't on anyone's list. Hofstra...that President killed their leverage by dumping football. Northeastern...don't know what they would want to do. UNCW has no partners anymore...Charlotte will move up to CUSA quickly.

This has major major implications!!!!

I say you start making phone calls and start watering this seed!

Tons of stories on this possible college realignment. So we have ODU, VCU and George Mason all looking to leave... I don't know if it was a joke but one poster also mentioned James Madison. That's a lot of turmoil.

Thank god we have a new stadium under construction. It may only be a small phase 1 but no conference would have touched us if University Field was still our home. At least we can say it's expandable to 24,000.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/conference-usa-targets-old-dominion-university

Tons of stories on this possible college realignment. So we have ODU, VCU and George Mason all looking to leave... I don't know if it was a joke but one poster also mentioned James Madison. That's a lot of turmoil.

Thank god we have a new stadium under construction. It may only be a small phase 1 but no conference would have touched us if University Field was still our home. At least we can say it's expandable to 24,000.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/conference-usa-targets-old-dominion-university

Not sure what happened with JMU in all of this, but they are certainly on the outside looking in. Same goes for App State.

All of this is all media market driven though. JMU and App State being on an island right now proves that point.

Albany is the 11th largest media market without an FBS team.