UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thanks for posting those pics! Liberty Terrace looks awesome. The university is doing a great job with all of these campus improvements.

One of the areas that needs the improvement the most is the podium/main fountain area...I'm so glad they are redoing that entire part of campus, new windows, new and improved fountain etc.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting those pics! Liberty Terrace looks awesome. The university is doing a great job with all of these campus improvements.

One of the areas that needs the improvement the most is the podium/main fountain area...I'm so glad they are redoing that entire part of campus, new windows, new and improved fountain etc.

Agreed....it's a nice upgrade too. I like how they're putting greenery in the corners:

waterfountainrehab09-lg.png

waterfountainrehab05-lg.png

Lots of pics of the ongoing construction at this site. It's pretty extensive!

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/fp/watertower.html

Agreed....it's a nice upgrade too. I like how they're putting greenery in the corners:

waterfountainrehab09-lg.png

waterfountainrehab05-lg.png

Lots of pics of the ongoing construction at this site. It's pretty extensive!

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/fp/watertower.html

Wow...school starts in about a week so I'll be back to see how it's coming along but wow...from those pictures this is a complete gut and rebuild of that entire area. AWESOME!

Looks like the visitors' fans are gonna have an eye full of sun...

Only between 4 and 7 o'clock, so not in 1:00 start games, and not in most of night games. If the press box is 70-80 feet high, maybe not even then. Probably less sun than they get now.

If the stadium is aligned like Fallon Field, the sun is behind the home side by 3:00 (2:00 standard time in November)

Someone's been spending time doing some serious thinking here! Stadium goin up! Look at that dirt!

Looks like a mini stadium already.

It doesn't matter where the sun is when I'm sitting in the stands watching the Danes play Delaware

with 7k people other people.

Someone's been spending time doing some serious thinking here! Stadium goin up! Look at that dirt!

Looks like a mini stadium already.

It doesn't matter where the sun is when I'm sitting in the stands watching the Danes play Delaware

with 7k people other people.

F***K YEAH!

That big hunk of metal supports trenches usually when they are laying sewage lines. We used those suckers all day long (much bigger) in the Big Dig construction.

Trench boxes are typically used in the excavation process to prevent the sides of earth from collapsing in while utility pipe is laid.

I believe there are SOME accent lighting concepts in the stadium if I remember correctly. That said, the lettering and signs will be in purple / gold which is cool!

There really aren't any specific lighting accents in the current design of the stadium. Most major signage on the stadium will be gold similar to what's on other campus buildings. What finally ends up on the building may be dependent on final naming rights for the structure itself.

That big hunk of metal supports trenches usually when they are laying sewage lines. We used those suckers all day long (much bigger) in the Big Dig construction.

Trench boxes are typically used in the excavation process to prevent the sides of earth from collapsing in while utility pipe is laid.

I may be in the manufacturing / high tech sector now...but so glad I haven't lost my touch

;)

Thanks for confirming Brutus!

As for the other post...my guess is whomever names the stadium or complex will get a lit sign like SEFCU.