UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Out of curiosity, how many is the stadium suppose to hold, chairbacks, etc... A $1,000 donation for chairbacks seem cheap. At JMU you have to have at least $2,000 donation and then pay $550 per season ticket, but are only allowed two seats. The benefit is that you get free beer and food. Then they have the hospitality suite and for those, you have to donate at least $20,000 a year, but the benefit it accommodates 16 people. They are also rented out per game. Anyway, sounds like y'all are getting a good deal up there in Albany.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how many is the stadium suppose to hold, chairbacks, etc... A $1,000 donation for chairbacks seem cheap. At JMU you have to have at least $2,000 donation and then pay $550 per season ticket, but are only allowed two seats. The benefit is that you get free beer and food. Then they have the hospitality suite and for those, you have to donate at least $20,000 a year, but the benefit it accommodates 16 people. They are also rented out per game. Anyway, sounds like y'all are getting a good deal up there in Albany.

The first phase is small - 8,000 and that includes 2,000 temp bleachers on the visitors side.

Baby steps for us compared to JMU, but huge leaps compared to what we've been playing in since 1970.

Edited by danefan

For reference: the home side, with chairbacks in the center, hospitality suites up top. 6k seats in phase one.

373933_397454780314745_748558544_n.jpg

and approximate full build out to 25k

b_125424.jpg

I've asked this before but I'm not sure anyone knows...perhaps Brutus. Is that full build-out possible now that the plans have been scaled back or is that vision gone; is this still achievable should the program continue to grow?

Edited by Clickclack

For reference: the home side, with chairbacks in the center, hospitality suites up top. 6k seats in phase one.

and approximate full build out to 25k

For further reference:

Upper Bowl = 2,056 patrons

Lower Bowl = 2,192 patrons

Berm Seating = 1,692 patrons

East Side Temp Bleachers = Estimated at 2,000 patrons

For further reference:

I still do not understand how you start with this for permanent seating and then potentially expand to 20K+. Mathematically, it seems like the initial number for permanent seating should have been much higher.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Assuming this was in response to my post, I understand the financial part.

I am having trouble understanding the spacing part.

If 4000 seats takes up the entire length of one side of the field, then if the mirror that on the other side, you are only at 8000 seats. Logistically I do not see how you hit an extra 12000 seats in the end zones, or elsewhere around the field...maybe there will be more seating on the east side than there is in the first phase? I do not know, but I am certainly curious as to what ideas are being thrown around.

(I know it's crazy to talk expansion when the dirt is still being moved for the first phase, but where will 16000 to 20000 additional seats go?)

Edited by haggyland

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Assuming this was in response to my post, I understand the financial part.

I am having trouble understanding the spacing part.

If 4000 seats takes up the entire length of one side of the field, then if the mirror that on the other side, you are only at 8000 seats. Logistically I do not see how you hit an extra 12000 seats in the end zones, or elsewhere around the field...maybe there will be more seating on the east side than there is in the first phase? I do not know, but I am certainly curious as to what ideas are being thrown around.

(I know it's crazy to talk expansion when the dirt is still being moved for the first phase, but where will 16000 to 20000 additional seats go?)

Remember the 4,000 is only the lower deck of the home side, in two levels. Duplicate that on the visitors' side.

Expansion (in no special order):

2,000 in the lower deck of each end zone.

4,000 in the upper deck of each sideline.

2,000 in the upper deck of each end zone.

For further reference:

Berm Seating = 1,692 patrons

East Side Temp Bleachers = Estimated at 2,000 patrons

Remember the 4,000 is only the lower deck of the home side, in two levels. Duplicate that on the visitors' side.

Expansion (in no special order):

2,000 in the lower deck of each end zone.

4,000 in the upper deck of each sideline.

2,000 in the upper deck of each end zone.

Still confused. How can the 4,000 be "the lower deck of the home side, in two levels?"

Once the first phase is done is there room to build up? (To add the "4,000 in the upper deck of each sideline."?)

Edited by haggyland

This one is phase one, what I'm calling two tiers on a lower level. The upper part looks to have about 15 rows.

Stadium4.jpg

This one would be phase two - the upper deck looks like it has at least 25 rows. I had thought it was going to be above the lower level, adding another floor to the structure behind it, but you're right it looks here more like a rebuild of the upper part.

Homeside2.jpg

This one is phase one, what I'm calling two tiers on a lower level. The upper part looks to have about 15 rows.

Stadium4.jpg

This one would be phase two - the upper deck looks like it has at least 25 rows. I had thought it was going to be above the lower level, adding another floor to the structure behind it, but you're right it looks here more like a rebuild of the upper part.

Homeside2.jpg

In those pictures I think you are comparing the conceptual design to the actual design. If there are only 4,000 permanent seats in Phase 1, I still do not understand where the potential 20,000 would fit.

Maybe I am still missing something. Let's continue this on Saturday!

Stadium4.jpg

Homeside2.jpg

In those pictures I think you are comparing the conceptual design to the actual design. If there are only 4,000 permanent seats in Phase 1, I still do not understand where the potential 20,000 would fit.

Maybe I am still missing something. Let's continue this on Saturday!

Thank you for asking the question. I also didn't understand how you get an "upper deck" into the home side. This phase includes an upper deck and it's only 2,000 (+/-). I understand we can add another level of suites but that doesn't mean more outside seats.

I hope it's expandable to 25,000 but as was asked earlier, how does this actual design line up with the conceptual design? Is this a phase one of the conceptual plan or did we need to go into another direction and there is no reasonable way to get back to the conceptual plan?

Of course anything is possible with unlimited money but the question is can we reach the conceptual build out plan without major changes to the actual plan?