UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Had to post this after reading it. UNREAL WHAT WE THE SCHOOL HAD TO DO FOR A REALLY SOLID SMALL STADIUM...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/8323104/allen-texas-high-school-ready-unveils-60m-football-facility

Hahah I saw you post this on twitter and was going to post it in here (w/ credit to you of course) but you beat me too it ^_^

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concrete forms going in today. I think there is going to be some real tangible progress before homecoming which is great. Speaking to people at the game on Saturday, some were still skeptical about the stadium getting built for next year. Once they see progress rising above the fences, I think the excitement will really build.

What are we seeing exactly in the construction cam?

1100.jpg

The orange/red and white things being hoisted into place are concrete forms for what I think is the foundation of the tower. The concrete blocks in front of them are anchors to set the concrete forms in place.

EDIT - just looking at the plans, it actually looks like they are building the retaining wall that will separate the bottom level of bleachers from the top level where the tower will sit. The bottom level of seats will run from the top of the retaining wall down to the top of the stadium wall. The top level runs from the top of the retaining wall up to the tower.

Its hard to see what is happening on the back side, but I can only assume they are going to start working on the utility connections.

The big pile of dirt on the bottom left of the screen looks like an access ramp to me down onto the field for construction vehicles, but it could also be the corner of the grass berm being built as well.

Edited by danefan

Don't forget that all the seating is pre-cast. Meaning they will come in pieces already built off-site. This means once the foundations are set the stadium will take shape very quickly. The finish work takes a while, but I imagine the stadium will look like a stadium soon.

Thanks for the input df.

That's what I was just thinking, things should move along quickly now.

What exactly are they going to be doing in terms of prep for the visitor's side temp bleachers?

They are enclosing the whole facility in fencing and adding a walkway over to the visitors side, plus laying all the utilities for future expansion. Plus they are putting in the access gates and the gravel base for the installation of temporary bleachers.

This should give you a good view.

b_112152.jpg

Concrete being poured today! I can't wait to see something resembling a stadium.

I find myself obsessively checking that camera like every hour or two...even though you can't really see much...lol

We're luck it isn't an actual webcam. I'd watch it all day. long.

More dirt going down on that left side. I wonder if that is going to be the new bowl section afterall. From the plans it actually looks like the visitors bleachers will sit below the bowl so the seating is at the same level as the bowl. Basically they would create the "placeholder" for the permanent visitors side stands which would blend into the bowl.

Really hope this thing can take a bit more form before the homecoming crowd shows up on campus...march everyone past it...put up an observation deck with a huge sign...come see for yourself.

It would be cool if they took the nets down off the fence by Fallon field for homecoming.

More dirt going down on that left side. I wonder if that is going to be the new bowl section afterall. From the plans it actually looks like the visitors bleachers will sit below the bowl so the seating is at the same level as the bowl. Basically they would create the "placeholder" for the permanent visitors side stands which would blend into the bowl.

Yep, it looks like several loads of dirt have been dumped on the end there...

So, you think they might build the entire endzone bowl section in this phase, seats and all?

Edited by uofalbany