UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

More dirt going down on that left side. I wonder if that is going to be the new bowl section afterall. From the plans it actually looks like the visitors bleachers will sit below the bowl so the seating is at the same level as the bowl. Basically they would create the "placeholder" for the permanent visitors side stands which would blend into the bowl.

Yep, it looks like several loads of dirt has been dumped on the end there...

So, you think they might build the entire endzone bowl section in this phase, seats and all?

Not seats, but a grassy berm. The plans also call for concessions and wheel chair seating at the top of the berm.

It looks like everything will be ready to just drop concerate seats into the grassy hill in the endzone when needed.

Right Berm

113221.jpg

Left Berm (Notice the BBQ Tent

113228.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would that wall be.... half way up the lower level of seats, between the lower and upper levels????

Easier to ask you guys!

BTW, I thought that was a beer tent!

Its between the lower section and the upper section. If you zoom in you can see cutouts at various points along the top of the wall. I believe those are where the aisles of the lower section will be.

And I wish that was a beer tent.

Edited by danefan

Forms are coming down this morning. Today we'll see the very first signs of a permanent structure. I think the wall being built is this one:

b_055643.jpg

But that is just a guess.

Good guess.

Thanks!

I'm learning how to read construction designs by watching this.

I do wish there was another camera angle from the top of the SEFCU arena. It would be cool to see the back view. (Not a complaint....I'm ecstatic they put up any camera).

Forms are coming down this morning. Today we'll see the very first signs of a permanent structure. I think the wall being built is this one:

b_055643.jpg

But that is just a guess.

Good guess.

Thanks!

I'm learning how to read construction designs by watching this.

I do wish there was another camera angle from the top of the SEFCU arena. It would be cool to see the back view. (Not a complaint....I'm ecstatic they put up any camera).

Hey now...I don't like this direct career competition. ;) Kidding.

And agree...love that there is a camera...wish there was a second angle.

Boy we are getting greedy...LOL...just kidding. I'm sure for those that are not on campus this camera is great...I'm there for classes several times a week so I take a weekly walk down there. It's fun to watch the build-out progress with your own two eyes on location...definitely a different feeling of scale.

Not much to see from behind yet; this is from the top of the berm of SEFCU arena

fordfield9122012008.jpg

because the work at the top of the dirt pile is still below ground level

fordfield9122012003.jpg

Closeups of the work in front

fordfield9122012005.jpg

fordfield9122012004.jpg