UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I figured with so much weekend work that some of us would come running to the site. MsGDG has done a fine job, but I was also over there today, so here is an upload from my perspective:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109125479176636089044/albums/5887673431185058593

It looks like the timestamp on my camera was not working, so it downloaded them at different positions than when I took them, but:

1) T&F west side.

2) Horizontal pieces for the upper level.

3) Gratuitous shot for Bob87.

4) Purple flashings on the ticket booth.

5) Back of the stadium, with new upper level supports.

6) Underside of the upper level of the tower.

7) Purple flashings on the back entrance.

8) Retaining wall with new upper level supports in background.

9) Close-up of scoreboard supports.

10) T&F old lighting footing; new footing in foreground.

11) Eastern retaining wall.

12) Different view of horizontal pieces.

13) Windows on Eastern side of the tower walkway.

14) T&F northwest retaining wall.

15) Swamped retaining pond with stadium view.

16) T&F looking towards the Science Library.

17) University Field!

18) Upper level supports; lower level handrails.

19) Both T&F retaining walls.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University Field is going to be amazing with very little investment, relatively speaking. It's still amazing that it wasn't done 10 years ago.

It looks like they ripped out the old bleachers on the PE steps. Did I see that correctly?

Stadium looks great too. Those white cylindrical pieces are the supports for the scoreboard. That is going o look huge when it owes up.

Thanks Haggy, as always.

Edited by danefan

You know, DF, I can honestly say that I didn't get a good look at the University Field bleachers, as I was too excited to get to the new football field, and it was 80+ degrees, and I was on my bicycle...next time.

Dying to see the scoreboard go up; those are some very large supports. Good times!

You know, DF, I can honestly say that I didn't get a good look at the University Field bleachers, as I was too excited to get to the new football field, and it was 80+ degrees, and I was on my bicycle...next time.

Dying to see the scoreboard go up; those are some very large supports. Good times!

The concrete cylinders are the light pole bases. The supports for the scoreboard are structural steel and won't get started for at least another week.

Edited by Brutus

The concrete cylinders are the light pole bases. The supports for the scoreboard are structural steel and won't get started for at least a couple of weeks.

What light poles? Around the venue?

I thought from the design pictures that the scoreboard would be round pillar supports.

What is the perimeter of the venue going to look like? Will there be nice fencing or just a chain-link fence?

If I remember correctly, there are various types of fencing, but I think the chainlink all called for decorative logo screening to go over them. Which makes a whole lot of sense not only from a design but also to make sure people can't stand on the outside and watch a game without buying a ticket.

A bit OT but...any chance we can get a TW3 deal to show all home games?

There's two philosophies on home games being televised:

1. Its great exposure and if the atmosphere is great it will get more people out to the game.

2. Its better to not televise home games so it forces people to attend in person.

I think its a fine line. Televise the opener and focus the TV attention on getting some of the away games on so people who don't travel don't have to listen to homer opponent announcers over a web feed.

The concrete cylinders are the light pole bases. The supports for the scoreboard are structural steel and won't get started for at least a couple of weeks.

I thought from the design pictures that the scoreboard would be round pillar supports.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Got it thanks.