UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Fall schedules coming out: Men's soccer home openers are 9/7 vs. Lehigh and 9/13 vs. Bucknell, before the football opener at The Bob. Women's soccer schedule not out yet.

BTW men's soccer plays Syracuse at home on 10/22.

Field hockey has home matches against Stanford, Rutgers, Virginia, and Princeton - the first time Albany has hosted a defending national champion. Siena back on the FH schedule.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fall schedules coming out: Men's soccer home openers are 9/7 vs. Lehigh and 9/13 vs. Bucknell, before the football opener at The Bob. Women's soccer schedule not out yet.

Field hockey has home matches against Stanford, Rutgers, Virginia, and Princeton - the first time Albany has hosted a defending national champion. Siena back on the FH schedule.

The field hockey schedule has UA vs Yale on 9/14 at 1PM and Rutgers vs LCC at 3:30 PM that day at Albany.

The 1PM makes sense to have a another game hours before the football home opening game.

The 3:30 pm is a little odd. I mean it would be nice to have a beatdown of LCC in anything on any day and they certainly don't have enough men to field a football team so a field hockey beatdown will have to do that day. But Rutgers dong the beatdown ^_^

Will the field have soccer lines on it for football games?

Will the field have soccer lines on it for football games?

Haven't heard anything different from when you asked this last April
what is this about the soccer team also playing in the stadium? Does this mean there's going to be a thousand lines on the field? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge soccer fan but I hate seeing a ton of lines from different sports on turf. It looks bush league. - UAlbany09

Unless the football fans were going to come up with the big bucks the only way you could prove the need was by making it a multi purpose facility.

From what I've heard the soccer teams are more comfortable playing on natural grass - so who knows maybe there won't be permanent soccer lines on the playing surface.

We were lucky that we didn't have to include the track facilitites inside the arena.

It's amazing, why do I feel that when tickets prices go up we'll hear complaints, from alot of people who say they want UA to be Big Time?????.

Only the lines that are outside the football field of play will be stitched into the field turf - all other soccer lines will be painted on as needed before a soccer match and be removed afterwards.