UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Scoreboard steel going up this morning!

Appears huge!

Wow...seriously...maybe that will be lowered some...if not man that is a monster!

The one beam is mounted so it appears it will be that tall afterall.

Wow.

I love it...gonna really get people to say WOW when they see it.

So ready for the opening of this thing...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides football, think about how much better the graduation ceremony is going to be.

Not very high on my personal priority list but...umm...ok...lol

Think about the number of people who will be exposed to the stadium for the first time during graduation and will want to return for a game.

1430.jpg

If you run a site line all the way from the top of the scoreboard to the stadium, it appears the top is just about even with the top fo the upper deck. If I'm reading the design plans correctly, the top of the upper deck is about 45 feet high from field level. That makes your measurement right about accurate. 40+ feet high.

1430.jpg

If you run a site line all the way from the top of the scoreboard to the stadium, it appears the top is just about even with the top fo the upper deck. If I'm reading the design plans correctly, the top of the upper deck is about 45 feet high from field level. That makes your measurement right about accurate. 40+ feet high.

The scoreboard will be approximately 52ft tall when complete.

1430.jpg

The discussion would be pretty boring if you weren't here to correct/inform us. Thanks

I'm not sure I've ever been so dependant on a time lapse camera before.

1430.jpg

The discussion would be pretty boring if you weren't here to correct/inform us. Thanks

I'm not sure I've ever been so dependant on a time lapse camera before.

Is it healthy behavior? Not just you but probably many of us...LOL

Danefan an UA72's numbers make sense.

The scoreboard is 21.5 feet high by 38 feet wide. Each of the 2 smaller TV screens are 6 feet high by 11 feet wide. The 4 static advertising boards seem to be the same height/length of the 2 smaller screens. All six of the "side" ad board and TV"s seem to be about 4 feet away from the main screen.

So, it seems the entire length of the setup is about 68 feet wide, and the height is about 45-50 feet height.