UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swanky comes from the Smallbany mentality. It's a prerequisite to work at the TU.

Same with "It's big." Using a more realistic 8,000 as our capacity, only New Hampshire and Rhode Island in our new league have fewer seats:

James Madison 25,000

Delaware 22,000

William and Mary 12,259

Villanova 12,000

Towson 11,198

Maine 10,000

Richmond 8,700

Stony Brook 8,136

Rhode Island 6,554

New Hampshire 6,500

I was biking around campus Friday and of course drooling over the stadium. It really looks awesome and I have NO problem at all with "swanky". In fact, it is about time UA got a little swanky.

Felt a little nervous looking at the purple ramp--pretty steep. Anyone else worried about twisted ankles or worse as player run(?) down or up this thing? Maybe because I am old and can see myself falling/rolling down it.

Pretty positive, though I could do without his calling it 'big' and 'swanky'.

I blew right past the "swanky" part because, if anything, I think it is modest compared to what the program is capable of having eventually.

I got tripped up by "pocket doors", and immediately thought that it was going to be cramped in the tower. I know it is a popular design choice, but I just have a fear that the press box level is going to be received as being too narrow by its users.,,maybe a tour for season ticket holders will calm my fears.

Iorizzo was on Wyland today. Completion is scheduled for Sept. 1. In his tour there was still carpeting and painting to be done, hanging wires, etc. but just detail stuff.

Rick Coe told him they expect to announce the naming of the stadium in mid-July.

Acknowledged that a few people had emailed him about calling the stadium 'big', but wants to see what attendance is before saying it isn't big enough - which is not what anyone here said. We just said that 8,000 isn't some huge, overbuilt monument.

Just looking on the site. It seems that the "ALBANY" is spelled out on bleachers with no seat backs. I thought the whole stadium was going to be chairs, not bleachers. Anyone know about this? Bleachers would seem kinda..crappy considering the newness, and something you don't see much in newer stadiums anymore (plus they suck to sit on in the cold).

JMJ40!

Just looking on the site. It seems that the "ALBANY" is spelled out on bleachers with no seat backs. I thought the whole stadium was going to be chairs, not bleachers. Anyone know about this? Bleachers would seem kinda..crappy considering the newness, and something you don't see much in newer stadiums anymore (plus they suck to sit on in the cold).

JMJ40!

Chairbacks will be for the high rollers on the 1st level a few sections...the sides and all of upstairs is bleachers...that was always the plan.