UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I've been told by Brian Rudolph that you can bring clip on seat backs. Problem solved.

Delaware is mostly bench seats; they rent clip-on seatbacks to those who don't bring their own - another possible revenue source.

Great idea. I hope they do that!

That is not entirely accurate. Syracuse owns the Carrier Dome and it is on campus; they sell beer. Colorado State sells beer at their stadium on campus. Same with U Nevado-Reno, UL-L, and in luxury suites of most new stadiums (granted not in the stands). WVU just allowed beer sales a few years ago, in public areas near the stadium, and will re-visit whether to sell in the stands.

It's a University decision and NOT an NCAA mandate. The NCAA ONLY bans beer sales for ON-CAMPUS CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS.

This would only be an issue if we hosted an NCAA Soccer, Football or Lacrosse Championship event, or track and field on campus.

Edited by Dane96

Lee McElroy was just on ESPN104.5...I'll try to recap whatever I could retain...Hopefully it's all accurate...

- Said that we'd never be in the CAA without this "jewel of a facility"

- Indicated that as presently configured the stadium will hold 9k people (including berm)

- Not a bad seat in the house

- Biggest priority for the upcoming season is to make sure that the stadium is full to capacity every week

- Berm will have a corporate sponsor as will the stadium, all suites have been sold

- If he had it his way he's start on PhaseII after the completion of this season...

- Phase two (and forgive me I didn't fully understand this part) would include 18k seats, he then started talking about 27k seats...he didn't mention Phase III nor did he indicate that he was talking beyond the next phase. He then spoke about planning for phase II, the sense I got was that as Phase I concludes that the efforts would transition for planning of Phase II.

Left no doubt in my mind that football is the 1A program at UA...the tide that lifts all boats.

Beer will be available in the suites, but I'm not sure about in the stadium.

As far as food options, there is a new food service provider (sodexo) so its tough to say what will be available. I assume normal stadium fare (hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc.).

He's talking 9000, there must have been some changes to the visitors bleachers. Or they just think more room on the berm.

And this is very promising news that they are thinking bigger. I'm hoping they follow through and do it safely - meaning in stages. Let's not go through another 10 years of passing up $5m per year to only get $20m in 10.

Who cares if it takes 15 Phases or 2 to get to the same end point in the same time period.