UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I believe it was I that playfully called folks high rollers...I certainly meant no disrespect to those that have been long time supporters of the athletic dept. And while I can't afford that level of financial commitment It's great that others can and I completely agree that the program needs all types of fans especially those that can afford to give a bit more and thus should be rewarded for it.

Enjoy your seats folks, again, I meant no disrespect...

I didn't think it was offensive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was offensive either, but having been to some games at SBU, there are a larger number of seats there with support, and it does make a difference over a couple of hours. So I hope the school will keep it in mind moving forward.

In general, I think Albany needs to exude a "we belong here" philosophy, which might help the Times Union and others to give us the same respect other rising programs receive.

I didn't think it was offensive either, but having been to some games at SBU, there are a larger number of seats there with support, and it does make a difference over a couple of hours. So I hope the school will keep it in mind moving forward.

In general, I think Albany needs to exude a "we belong here" philosophy, which might help the Times Union and others to give us the same respect other rising programs receive.

Agreed. Smallbany attitude needs to go away inside the athletic department and its supporters (including some on this board) before anyone outside will ever give us a real look.

I really don't believe anyone was being offensive and I really appreciate the positive comments because we all want to improve all of the athletic and academic programs. I understand the younger grads cannot and should not feel compelled to make the contributions as some older grads are able to do. I think we all on the same page. I have my football, basketball and parking passes and can't wait for the new stadium opening. See you at the game!!!!

No offense taken, having myself referred to BB courtside seats as "Millionaire's Row".

Millionaire's Row is a little different. I always thought the ticket office put the best looking alum on Millionaire's Row since they get more face time on TV and it would look better.

Note: I don't sit in Millionaire's Row. We have tickets further back in Thousandaire's Row.

Personally, I am very offended about sitting on bleachers after supporting UA all sports for over forty years and have given over $25,000 in donations and ticket purchases. Just because I give a couple hundred short of someone's arbitrary goal I am assigned to the bleacher creatures, with NO regard to loyalty and past contributions. Maybe I can afford a couple hundred more, but I refuse and in fact I am seriously thinking of reducing my involvement.

That's ridiculous.

And welcome to big time sports. You should see what I paid to have a Shea Field pass at B.C. I am not even an alum. You'd vomit. I had to give it up and we chipped in with 4 dudes and it was still too much for us.

This is small change and, for the record, I am not buying the expensive seats at BFF.

It looks like they are setting the frames to attach the "UAlbany" sign to the top of the scoreboard, so hopefully that goes up this morning.

After that, I want to see the signage reading "Great Danes" that will be placed on both sides of it...that should provide a pretty powerful visual.

Personally, I am very offended about sitting on bleachers after supporting UA all sports for over forty years and have given over $25,000 in donations and ticket purchases. Just because I give a couple hundred short of someone's arbitrary goal I am assigned to the bleacher creatures, with NO regard to loyalty and past contributions. Maybe I can afford a couple hundred more, but I refuse and in fact I am seriously thinking of reducing my involvement.

I think you are looking at things the wrong way. Agreed that perhaps they should have instituted a loyalty program, but the athletics dept is taking a huge step up and needs to charge top dollar for premium seats to fund the programs. The fact that they can get it means they are moving in the right direction. Get a Stadium Chair http://www.stadiumchair.com/ and call it a day. There is no bad viewing angle in this place!

So pretty please, with sugar on top...keep supporting the f**king program! :)

I think you are looking at things the wrong way. Agreed that perhaps they should have instituted a loyalty program, but the athletics dept is taking a huge step up and needs to charge top dollar for premium seats to fund the programs. The fact that they can get it means they are moving in the right direction. Get a Stadium Chair http://www.stadiumchair.com/ and call it a day. There is no bad viewing angle in this place!

I agree that you shouldn't stop supporting the program but I can see your point. That is crappy. A smart school would have these created and give out 1000 the first day and sell ad space on the back of them to make some money. http://www.stadiumchair.com/images/FundraiserBrochure.pdf

Anyone with contacts in Athletic Department feel free to send this over to them as a good idea. :)

..... welcome to big time sports.... This is small change

If our vision has grown and matured, then this is what I would expect to see from the athletic department. It may not be so cheap in years to come. I'm under the impression everyone that's been loyal season ticket holders were given first dibs, so I see no problems here. Onward and upward, and time for a little ass kicking in CAA football! Dslyank, do what you need to, but don't stop following UA football and being a part of this board.

I have been away for the past two weeks and have blogged only sporadically. Just like to say loyalty by definition is a two way street; and that I already have a stadium seat. After all, I have been a season ticket holder for 40+ years at university field. Do you think I would be sitting there all these years without a stadium seat?

Also, I fully understand the need and desire to build the program and get new blood and more cash. Again, do you think I have been @ university field all these years without these hopes. I also understand the concept of donation levels required for seat preferences. I believe Syracuse minimum donation is approx. $750 (this may be for football with another 750 for BB {I may be off as it has been a few years since I looked into this}). However, Syracuse and some of the other programs mentioned are established and WE ARE NOT THERE YET [sorry to say]. Lastly, are you sure UA can really get their $1000, the last I looked the premium seats were still less than half sold.

Preferred Seating

The Orange Club Preferred Seating Plan was initiated when the Carrier Dome opened in 1980. Your annual contribution to the Plan entitles you to reserved season ticket seating in special areas of the Carrier Dome for either SU Football, SU Basketball or both sports.

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR PREFERRED SEATING

Preferred Seating contributions are made on a per seat basis for one year with options to renew in subsequent years. There are four levels depending on where the seat is located: A, B, C or D. The contribution amount differs, depending if you have Basketball seats (with or without football seats), or only football seats. A survey of preferred seating plans at other top universities around the country found SU's giving levels to be among the lowest offered. Please study the seating configuration diagrams and call the Carrier Dome Box Office concerning specific seating.

Preferred Seating Donation Prices 2013-2014 (ticket price is separate)

Preferred- Football Only Regular Fac/Staff

A Level $630 $504

B Level $410 $328

C Level $260 $208

D Level $185 $148

Preferred- Basketball Only Regular Fac/Staff

A Level $725 $580

B Level $550 $440

C Level $315 $252

D Level $225 $180

Preferred- Both Sports Regular Fac/Staff

A Level $795 $636

B Level $575 $460

C Level $350 $280

D Level $260 $208

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLAN

Seating locations available to new Preferred Seating contributors are in the A, B, C and D level locations, as available. All upgrades are based on availability. Note that first level A and B seats require an additional donation of up to $10,000 over 5 year.

• Preferred Seating contributors are required to purchase season tickets for the sport(s) they have chosen according to the stated deadlines for those sports.
  • When choosing seating for both SU Football and Basketball, the seat(s) will be in different locations for each sport because the seating configuration differs (and as seating is available).
  • Preferred Seating contribution renewals are billed in the early part of the calendar year for that fall's SU Football and Basketball seasons. Preferred payments are part of a patrons total yearly Athletic Donation (July 1 to June 30) and are used to assign Orange Club benefits in the next fiscal year.

AN EXAMPLE OF HOW THE PLAN WORKS

John Smith wants to purchase three season tickets for SU Football in D level Preferred Seating and calls the Carrier Dome Box Office. A staff member talks with John, explains what is currently available and helps assign John's seating locations. John sends an Orange Club Preferred Seating contribution to the Box Office for the upcoming SU Football season. Depending on when John made his Preferred Seating contribution, he would either pay at that time or be billed for the cost of three SU Football season tickets. For the next football season, John can renew his Preferred Seating and SU Football season tickets according to the annual renewal deadlines.

A year later John decides to purchase SU Basketball season tickets. His Preferred Seating contribution would change to the Preferred rate for SU Basketball and Football (instead of the SU football only rate). He calls the Carrier Dome Box Office and is assigned the three best seats currently available at the D level for SU Basketball. John would either pay at that time or be billed for the cost of three SU Basketball season tickets, as well as pay any difference in the Preferred rate.

This example doesn't cover all facets of Preferred Seating but gives you a general overview of how it works. Please note that a portion of your contribution may be deductible under Section 170 (l) of the Internal Revenue Code, which generally allows a charitable contribution deduction equal to 80 percent of the amount paid to an educational institution for the right to purchase tickets for seating at an athletic event in an athletic stadium at such institution. As the University is not in a position to provide you with tax advice, you should consult with your tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of your contribution.