UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving it. So, any guesses as to who the four sponsors on the side panels will be?

I have to think SEFCU is a definite.

Then maybe CDPHP?

Maybe Channel 13? Definitely not the Times Union.

Global Foundries?

CHA (Clough Harbour Associates) is one of the suite buyers, but I don't know if that increases or decreases the odds of their name on the scoreboard.

Might depend on how much they're charging, and would it fit into the ad budgets of the most frequently-seen locals - Fucillo or other car dealers, law firms, insurance companies, or funeral homes.

Loving it. So, any guesses as to who the four sponsors on the side panels will be?

I have to think SEFCU is a definite.

Then maybe CDPHP?

Maybe Channel 13? Definitely not the Times Union.

Global Foundries?

nm :)

Edited by MsGDG

Pictures from today

lpgo.jpg

kjck.jpg

And I must say looking at the purple walkway again, it really seems steep as others mentioned, you can't even see the purple from any angle unless you're at the other side, that's how sharp the angle is.

idvg.jpg

Zoomed in on the seating.

Kind of disappointed with the UA logo at the top of the scoreboard to be honest. For some reason I thought this was going to be more involved, but it's just a "painted on" logo with a ton of white space around it. Am I wrong in thinking this was going to be different? Looks cheap IMO

lpgo.jpg

PS- agreed on the lower level. Needs some colored risers or something!

Edited by madDOG

czmd.jpg

You can see yellow stairs at the very top of the bleachers..not sure where they will lead to?

Hard to say without a better view, but they could be emergency fire exits, or a separate entrance to the press box, or service access to the suites for the waitstaff.

MadDOG, the drawing in post #791 had a free-standing 'GREAT DANES' bracketing the center panel of the scoreboard, so let's wait until it's done before judging.

czmd.jpg

You can see yellow stairs at the very top of the bleachers..not sure where they will lead to?

Hard to say without a better view, but they could be emergency fire exits, or a separate entrance to the press box, or service access to the suites for the waitstaff.

MadDOG, the drawing in post #791 had a free-standing 'GREAT DANES' bracketing the center panel of the scoreboard, so let's wait until it's done before judging.

Maybe they are camera wells?

czmd.jpg

Maybe they are camera wells?

The steps are for the camera platforms in front of the press box structure. One at the 50, one at each of the 25-30 yard lines.