UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking the lower level will look much different with the yellow seats and accent banners, etc. Too much color can be overwhelming.

As far as the top panel on the scoreboard, I agree. Plain and borng. I'm hoping, however, that it is merely a placeholder for the company that wins the corporate naming rights.

Anyone know how the scoreboard monitor compares to others? I thought it seemed large, but hard to tell in the pics.

And looking at this image, JMU's would dwarf ours.

http://www.jmusports...113&SPSID=71029

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_stadium_video_boards

Our main video board is 38' x 21.5' which equals 817sq ft.

That puts us at #8 in the country for FCS teams.

If anyone feels up to it, feel free to edit the Wiki page.

thanks! i should have figured there was a wiki page on that out there.

looks like the bottom two panels coming off the sides might also be digital boards.

They are. If you add in the sq. ft of those boards (6' x 11' each), it brings us up to 949 sq. ft. which moves us up to 7th nationally.

looks like the bottom two panels coming off the sides might also be digital boards.

They are. If you add in the sq. ft of those boards (6' x 11' each), it brings us up to 949 sq. ft. which moves us up to 7th nationally.

That's bigger than a NYC apartment

That's bigger than a NYC apartment

I had a whole house in NJ that was smaller (3 br cape....$400 a sq. ft.)

Just out of curiosity, the ticket portal has lower bowl rows A-L; but visually (I was there today), I count only A-I {3 rows less}. I count only 9 rows in the non-premium sections? Anyone know which is correct?? Also, is row A closest to field??

Edited by dslyank

I was in the football locker room earlier today. I hope that's on the top of the list to renovate, unless they plan on building a locker room closer to the stadium. Last night's rain flooded some of the meeting rooms! No bueno!

Lockerroom is 12 years old now. Definitely time for an upgrade. I think an endzone facility with lockrerroms, meeting rooms, academic support and training facilities is in the mix for Phase II.

Loving it. So, any guesses as to who the four sponsors on the side panels will be?

I have to think SEFCU is a definite.

Then maybe CDPHP?

Maybe Channel 13? Definitely not the Times Union.

Global Foundries?

Big Purple Fans? :)

It's the 10 year anniversary of BPF so it'd be nice to something big. Just not quite that big.

How about Billy Fuccillo? I think he played football at Syracuse. That would be...HUGE.