UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps we should start a new thread on this and start the movement. Damien for Everything!

I entered my vote in post #671.

It definitely falls under the guises of "gimmicky", but I would prefer the great dane logo to the "UAlbany" logo. Then again, maybe I just want to be like the Kansas Jayhawks, considering how unique, and how "hip" our mascot is (in my opinion, anyhow.)

The page does not that the logo are to be "confirmed by university athletics", so we won't know for a couple of weeks.

Maybe we should have a poll on what logo is preferred.

Looks like Danefan and I are on opposite sides on this one...

Two points:

Gimmicks work in college football. The blue field at Boise, the red field (as hard as it is to watch) at Eastern Washington to a lesser degree, Chief Osceola, UGA the Bulldog, the Boomer Schooner, Syracuse Orange, even that weird trend of Oregon State Beaver and South Carolina Cocks hats worked and brought money to those schools through sales, We need to establish that here and work with what we have. What we have is a cool mascot with a unique name.

The current Damien or Damian (SP?) isn't goofy. It may be cartoonish, but its not goofy. And lets be honest, It's not like we can make a Great Dane look vicious. The most famous one in history is an clumsy comic strip character, unless you count Hamlet.

Sorry guys - I'm not a fan of the Damian mascot at all.

Goofiness isn't really a postive trait in an athletic mascot.

Agreed! Please not the one we had in the 90's. That looks seriously dated...and amateurish.

From up close the erosion under the sidewalk is really bad, in some spots you can see clear thru; still, it washed out on Monday night and nobody seems terribly concerned about it. If they don't drive heavy equipment on it, four inches of concrete should hold up OK.

Just out of curiosity, the ticket portal has lower bowl rows A-L; but visually (I was there today), I count only A-I {3 rows less}. I count only 9 rows in the non-premium sections? Anyone know which is correct?? Also, is row A closest to field??

Anyone in the know [brutus perhaps} able to answer these questions? Anyone else been to the stadium and counted the rows??

Just out of curiosity, the ticket portal has lower bowl rows A-L; but visually (I was there today), I count only A-I {3 rows less}. I count only 9 rows in the non-premium sections? Anyone know which is correct?? Also, is row A closest to field??

Anyone in the know [brutus perhaps} able to answer these questions? Anyone else been to the stadium and counted the rows??

The plans call for additional rows to go in. If you look at the webcam you can see there is space in between the stairs that go from teh lower level to the concourse. The last row is up against the backwall that they are working on now.

Which, btw might be some of the best seats in the house - you can lean right back against that wall I think.

Comparing the staircases to the gaps in the seating chart of the upper leve, I'm pretty sure row A is closest to the field.

The plans call for additional rows to go in. If you look at the webcam you can see there is space in between the stairs that go from teh lower level to the concourse. The last row is up against the backwall that they are working on now.

Which, btw might be some of the best seats in the house - you can lean right back against that wall I think.

There are nine rows installed, and yes they can put another row in front of the wall (possible wheelchair seats?) but I don't see getting to twelve rows unless they go behind that wall.1010901_10152001813537501_2129290820_n.jpg

There are nine rows installed, and yes they can put another row in front of the wall (possible wheelchair seats?) but I don't see getting to twelve rows unless they go behind that wall.1010901_10152001813537501_2129290820_n.jpg

Plans call for 11 in front of the wall and 1 behind the wall whcih I assume is handicap seating.

I'm wondering, how many video angles are they going to utilize when televising games, including danezone. I really hope the shoot it from the visitor's side, and get the home side stands and berm into as many shots as possible. That's a good way of promoting the stadium and program. I have an annual danezone acct, so when I'm out of the area, I still watch the games.