UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East side not finished yet (at about 11:30 today), but runs between the five-yard lines, fifteen rows = about 2,200 seatsp3om.jpg

Not much else going on, but there was a truck there from Graybar Electrical and Telecommunication Services

Edited by UAalum72

These look pretty permanent to me...anyone care to speculate what this man mean for any potential Phase II? Just wondering...

They don't seem to have dug any major footings, so they'd only have to unbolt everything to disassemble the seating. The visitors' bleachers at University Field were just sitting on gravel like these are, and they were good for twenty-five years. I hope they add risers beneath the seats so stuff doesn't fall through to the ground below. Compare the lightweight construction of this side to the steel beams of the upper deck on the home side - that's what 'permanent' looks like.

Edited by UAalum72

I agree, haggyland--worst week for no video!!

The seats look pretty good for temporary bleachers. I think the way they're situated helps. Far less free-floating than I expected them to seem.

One more day and then I am issuing a stern rebuke. We can't rely on 72's good graces in perpetuity, methinks.

I hope they add risers beneath the seats so stuff doesn't fall through to the ground below. Compare the lightweight construction of this side to the steel beams of the upper deck on the home side - that's what 'permanent' looks like.

I want as few excuses as possible to justify delaying Phase 2 in any manner. Make those bleachers as spartan as possible, and push for permanent upgrades!

I agree, haggyland--worst week for no video!!

The seats look pretty good for temporary bleachers. I think the way they're situated helps. Far less free-floating than I expected them to seem.

One more day and then I am issuing a stern rebuke. We can't rely on 72's good graces in perpetuity, methinks.

I anticipate with great excitement your strongly worded message board post...that will TEACH 'EM!

I hope they add risers beneath the seats so stuff doesn't fall through to the ground below. Compare the lightweight construction of this side to the steel beams of the upper deck on the home side - that's what 'permanent' looks like.

I want as few excuses as possible to justify delaying Phase 2 in any manner. Make those bleachers as spartan as possible, and push for permanent upgrades!

Quickest way to Phase II is to sell out or get close to it in every game - not just the first game and homecoming.

Bring your family, friends and co workers.

Arrange for a work outing. Group ticket packages are actually pretty cheap.

Edited by danefan

Quickest way to Phase II is to sell out or get close to it in every game - not just the first game and homecoming.

Bring your family, friends and co workers.

Arrange for a work outing. Group ticket packages are actually pretty cheap.

If we just get the Clackster to bring one person for each of his posts we should be all set.

By the home opener we would likely be over capacity.