UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Your excitement about the dog brings tears of joy to my eye. Now, I'm not suggesting it be a cartoon dog, don't worry..but still..

I was looking forward to the players rubbing the statue for luck before running down the ramp, but if things do not turn out as hoped, we can always just suit up Damien and stick him up there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't our sculpture studio whip up a few?

They could just reproduce the one in the RACC lobby. Bronze statues are made with a mold.

The guy who did (Brian Caverly - a UA student at the time) is still sculpting. He's doing a mascot sculpture for Cornell. http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2013/01/bear-project-will-commemorate-cornell-unmascot

can't our sculpture studio whip up a few?

They could just reproduce the one in the RACC lobby. Bronze statues are made with a mold.

Even if they broke the mold, they could make another mold from the statue. It wouldn't even have to be bronze - make it concrete or lead, I suppose plaster or fiberglass wouldn't stand up to weather, vandalism, or theft.

Or pair it with one of Minerva. Probably too soon for one of Bob Ford.

All the black poles seem to be lighting. Only a few poles have the lights installed on the top right now.

e2rx.jpg

View from the yellow stairs leading upstairs...can't remember if I took this picture or not before to show the stairs.

puot.jpg

Being there on such a nice night like tonight, with the fences down, some grass down..looks amazing.

Your excitement about the dog brings tears of joy to my eye. Now, I'm not suggesting it be a cartoon dog, don't worry..but still..

I was looking forward to the players rubbing the statue for luck before running down the ramp, but if things do not turn out as hoped, we can always just suit up Damien and stick him up there.

Fact: Everytime I go to a game at SEFCU, I rub the Great Dane in the lobby for luck. Did it in college and every time I go back for a game or to visit I do it.