UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saw the marching band practicing today on the rugby field. Looked to be about 25 musicians, eight flag-wavers, and five others marching separately - maybe a color guard. Hope more show up once the dorms open.

So @ 40 total...seems like a decent amount to me. How many are in an average squad?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the marching band practicing today on the rugby field. Looked to be about 25 musicians, eight flag-wavers, and five others marching separately - maybe a color guard. Hope more show up once the dorms open.

So @ 40 total...seems like a decent amount to me. How many are in an average squad?

The Pep Band has had 25-30. I think my high school band had 45 musicians. CCSU has grown from 40 a few years ago to 115 now. I wouldn't want much less than 35 for an outdoor stadium, unless they get some wireless mikes to hook into the sound system.

Other schools in our league take it more seriously. Delaware has a total of over 300. James Madison may be the largest in the country with 497(!). We'll just have to work our way up to that.

Edited by UAalum72

Some video of the marching band up there also.

People will probably be in their seats more in the new stadium than they were at University Field. People tended to retreat in the PE Building at halftime there. This will be a whole new experience.

Right on cue, Jennifer Gish writes that the Band will have UAlbany tooting its own horn.

Kevin confirms we'll have at least fifty musicians plus color guard, and except that uniforms haven't arrived yet, it's 'going almost surprisingly well'.

Sounds like a pretty good incoming class. Do you know if they plan on red-shirting any of the new kids, or will they be playing a lot of the true freshmen?

[sounds like a pretty good incoming class. Do you know if they plan on red-shirting any of the new kids, or will they be playing a lot of the true freshmen?

Since freshmen make rookie mistakes, maybe we'll bring in some jucos until we get established.

Good pic to use as a reference. Don't know how many of you have been there at night, but the top of the tower glows in a variety of colors. I was riding my sport bike around the 'loop' after class on Tuesday night and noticed it. Pretty nice addition at night.