UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Just went up and took a deep breath to soak it all in. Great views, everything all shiny new.

Under the concourse isn't quite watertight in the kind of rain we had this evening.

Tailgating rules should be on the website somewhere. A sign by the driveway entrance had too many rules in too small font to be readable while driving by. I guess we'll have to make up our own rules.

One corner of the berm has lost a lot of the grass. I can see students sliding downhill in the mud late in some games.

Edited by UAalum72

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

The concourse is DEFINITELY not water tight. The seats (one row) that are right against the concourse railing are going to suck in the rain. Bring a bubble. Sight lines are amazing from EVERYWHERE IMO. Literally not a bad seat in the house. I'm impressed and can't wait to get loud tomorrow night.

Here are some images from my time there:

uO4m0EB.jpg

OIzeSY6.jpg

nq2nb9k.jpg

The control room. Some serious hardware in there:

5NaNsTz.jpg

HVq1YbF.jpg

wFm9hEz.jpg

Taken from row D at the 50 yard line:

i0b8tZb.jpg

Taken from the top row at the 50 yard line:

rLO5WST.jpg

Pkygaaf.jpg

Maybe the other stadium side?

Maybe the other side with a packed house?

The pictures are great! Thanks Ilko. I was thinking the same thing as Haggy (a scary thought.) After tonight we should have some pictures with a packed BoFo.

A couple years ago LadyDP gave me a framed panorama of Sefcu arena during the AE Championship game. I'm hoping someone creates something similar with BoFo.

All right...I have to ask this. Is this "BoFo" abbreviation becoming the preferred designation?

I know it is better than BFF (as in best friends forever), but with Bank One Ballpark (the "BOB") changing its name in 2005, that nickname seems to be available again....but then again, we might not want Bob87 thinking it is for him.

I am just glad it isn't called the First Union Center...that abbreviation was tragic.

So, DP, we still thinking alike?

I don't like BoFo, even though I used it once. I also don't like "The Bob" because Delaware's arena is nicknamed the same.

Didn't know that about Delaware...yeah, no nicknames the same as our rivals.

The Fordie? (Olde English could buy a sponsorship.)

Edited by haggyland

I have to ask: Why put in three flagpoles on the Northern side just to leave them empty?

I realize that the other flagpoles would be taken down in the next phase, but couldn't some UAlbany flags have been put up there? Or does the American flag always have to be the furthest on the left?

I'm wondering if they didn't think about the need for an end-zone camera. They had two lifts out there right in front of the flags for endzone camera angles.

I have to ask: Why put in three flagpoles on the Northern side just to leave them empty?

I realize that the other flagpoles would be taken down in the next phase, but couldn't some UAlbany flags have been put up there? Or does the American flag always have to be the furthest on the left?

On the viewer's left if in a line with all flags the same height. Front and center if ahead of the line, or center if its pole is taller than the others. I don't know about two groupings at right angles to each other.

It's nice to have instant replay, but I wish they didn't put up stupid graphics like "Great Play" RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REPLAY. And I would've preferred using the whole screen for the game video and putting the stats up between plays, instead of both at once.