UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I have to ask: Why put in three flagpoles on the Northern side just to leave them empty?

I realize that the other flagpoles would be taken down in the next phase, but couldn't some UAlbany flags have been put up there? Or does the American flag always have to be the furthest on the left?

On the viewer's left if in a line with all flags the same height. Front and center if ahead of the line, or center if its pole is taller than the others. I don't know about two groupings at right angles to each other.

It's nice to have instant replay, but I wish they didn't put up stupid graphics like "Great Play" RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REPLAY. And I would've preferred using the whole screen for the game video and putting the stats up between plays, instead of both at once.

We thought the same thing. The replays should be full screen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask: Why put in three flagpoles on the Northern side just to leave them empty?

I realize that the other flagpoles would be taken down in the next phase, but couldn't some UAlbany flags have been put up there? Or does the American flag always have to be the furthest on the left?

On the viewer's left if in a line with all flags the same height. Front and center if ahead of the line, or center if its pole is taller than the others. I don't know about two groupings at right angles to each other.

It's nice to have instant replay, but I wish they didn't put up stupid graphics like "Great Play" RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REPLAY. And I would've preferred using the whole screen for the game video and putting the stats up between plays, instead of both at once.

We thought the same thing. The replays should be full screen.

I AGREE 100% Does anyone know who to contact about this???

The stadium construction web cam link was removed from UA Athletics web site. Is the web cam still running and only the link was removed? Is there a direct URL to the web cam?

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=205416910&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=15800&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Last update was 9/16/13 @ 1:30PM.

If you're someone w/ a smartphone you should download the A View From My Seat app on (android and apple) and upload your photos of where you sit. The venue is listed as Bob Ford Field. Or you can create an account online and upload pictures of your seat view from your computer.

http://aviewfrommyse...nue=&set=venues

Edited by MsGDG

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't tell from the tweets but did it pass? Is it a done deal?

I'm not sure what to think of the amount. Finishing the stadium will probably cost $20M so $13k doesn't go very far and $1 a student isn't much relative to special stadium/D1 one time assessments. I believe those are about 100x to 200x larger.. That being said I don't know what their budget is or what is feasible for the SA. Clearly something is better than nothing and we need to be grateful for all donations.

Can someone put this $13k into perspective?

I give it a huge thumbs up.

10 years ago I don't think it would have even had a chance. McElroy basically asked the SA to transfer some of their budget to the stadium project.

Don't confuse this with a request to increase the intercollegiate athletic fee. That's a whole different process and issue.

Good move.

Edited by danefan