UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2014

I kind of thought there might be a statement if this class is complete. Wondering if it is.

Verbal Commits posted yesterday that we offered Stedman Allen..a 6'6" RS JUCO SF. Not clear if that's a new offer..or simply a delayed update.

Stedman committed to Wagner.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green played on a stacked Simeon team in H.S. that included:

Jabari Parker

Jaleni Neely (Utah Valley)- big contributor to UVSU

Brandon Spearman (Dayton and now Hawaii)- big contributor at Hawaii

Darien Walker (nasty player who once held offers from UIC, Chicago State, Eastern Illinois, Wisconsin Green-Bay, Eastern Kentucky, and Northern Illinois).

Green is about 6'3 and 200 lbs. He's physical. He's from Chicago. He's played against the best. Sadly, I would have loved to see Odunisi play but right now this pick-up may be the writing on the wall that he will never be medically cleared. Such a shame. If that's the case, I hope he sticks it out and gets his education. I've heard nothing but good about the kid.

I do think this (Tre Green) was a great add if he indeed is replacing Odunisi's due to injury.

Edited by Dane96

One more thing to add: I don't necessarily believe there is a PG log jam. To ask Mike Wells or Wheeler Baker to come in and play PG right out of the gate is too much to ask any frosh, especially at the PG position. They are completely different players from one another but one thing is for certain, experience matters at that position.

If Singletary and Green put it together quickly, I'd suspect they'd get the lions share of minutes. Without seeing the newbies play, I'd suspect the following rotation:

PG: Singletary/Green (one of them will start)

SG: Hooley

SF: Enemma

PF: Sam Rowley

C: Richard Peters (we just need a space eater. Anything more would be grand).

Bench Rotation:

Singletary/Green

Ede Egharevba (if he learns to play "organized" ball)

Mike Rowley

RaAnthony Saunders

We still need a big.

RS Candidates: Wells, Baker, Twyman, Stire, McKay. Out of this group, I could see McKay in the same boat as M. Rowley: if we need him, he will end up playing as a FR because of our lack of bigs. Same with Twyman because he has a year of PG under his belt. Baker is so dynamic I'm not sure what Coach B will do with him. He's got a boatload of potential...so do you shelve him or press him into service. I think Stire is a PUK situation. Stash him, grow him, teach him...play him starting 2015-2016.

All the above are WILD guesses, at best.

I think Green has three years of eligibility remaining. Played the first three games of the season for Bama State in 2012-13..then nothing more that year. Have read places that he suffered an injury and red-shirted the season. That would seem to be supported by the fact that he's listed as a freshman on his JUCO team's roster. This would definitely help even out our recruiting classes a bit.

As of October.. he had offers from "Indiana State and Eastern Illinois, while Southern Illinois, Bradley, Wichita State, Marshall, Murray State and Eastern Kentucky all showing interest."

Edited by Phoenix

Would've thought there still was a need for a big..but perhaps the plan is to play a bit smaller more often this year. Right now..traditional players at the 4 and 5 spots are limited to the Rowleys and Peters. We bring in McKay and Stire..so it will be interesting to see how they factor in,

I think McKay is probably the most ready to play of the McKay / Stire group. The international competition cannot be understated. I like Stire as a future Puk-style guy (albeit with less height). He can rebound the heck out of the ball and has a little nasty-toughness in him. I think RS him could be a huge boon down the road.

I think Green has three years of eligibility remaining. Played the first three games of the season for Bama State in 2012-13..then nothing more that year. Have read places that he suffered an injury and red-shirted the season. That would seem to be supported by the fact that he's listed as a freshman on his JUCO team's roster. This would definitely help even out our recruiting classes a bit.

As of October.. he had offers from "Indiana State and Eastern Illinois, while Southern Illinois, Bradley, Wichita State, Marshall, Murray State and Eastern Kentucky all showing interest."

If he has three-years, then this makes a lot of sense for continuity / balance purposes. I really think Wheeler Baker is a super-dynamic player. I look at him more of a Hooley-type kid with a heck of a lot more athleticism. Yeah, he could play PG, but I'd rather him slash and play at the two. I'd have to think Cremo is going to be a 3.

• 3 weeks later...