UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess we'll see a press release announcing the spring signing class this week if we're done..if we don't..I'd presume we still have a ride open.

Looking at the 2014-15 roster..it's kind of fun to note that there will be only one guy who played a season for UAlbany during a year in which they didn't make the NCAAs: Sam Rowley's freshman year in 2011-12. Everyone else will either be new or will have made it to the big dance in all their seasons as a Great Dane.

With Peters..I'd guess he would be penciled into the starting center spot.

PG - ? (Haas, Baker, Wells and Singletary could all battle here..other option would be to move Hooley to PG and play one of these four as a SG)

SG - Hooley

SF - Ennema? (I think this is Dallas' spot to lose..third leading returner in terms of scoring and minutes played)

PF - S. Rowley

C - Peters? (really the only other option at this point would be going small with M. Rowley)

Just how good is Singleton? I have a lot of faith in Baker in this role. Based on what I read about this ball skills and shooting, he just may be ready. OF course when WB redshirts him, that will show what I know.

With all those tools he's still a freshmen with zero games under his belt beyond the HS level.

I guess I thought we'd bring in another center with the last scholarship.

We're losing two centers- Puk and Shengalia plus two big forwards- Weigmann and Luke but only bringing in one center - Peters and one forward - McKay. I'd have to think we're still bringing in another big guy but who knows.

As far as the PG spot, I expect Mike Wells to compete for that spot right away. Usually the prep school guys are the ones most prepared for the college game.

I guess I thought we'd bring in another center with the last scholarship.

We're losing two centers- Puk and Shengalia plus two big forwards- Weigmann and Luke but only bringing in one center - Peters and one forward - McKay. I'd have to think we're still bringing in another big guy but who knows.

As far as the PG spot, I expect Mike Wells to compete for that spot right away. Usually the prep school guys are the ones most prepared for the college game.

Though we are bringing in Stire, as well.

are we sure Shengalia is gone? if so, it's a shame as I thought he would contribute at some point.

as an FYI, Link Kabudyundi's stock has skyrocketed. He is looking at schools like Oklahoma, possibly even Indiana. Gotta give Coach credit for being in on him early.

are we sure Shengalia is gone? if so, it's a shame as I thought he would contribute at some point.

as an FYI, Link Kabudyundi's stock has skyrocketed. He is looking at schools like Oklahoma, possibly even Indiana. Gotta give Coach credit for being in on him early.

Coach Brown was also the first coach to offer Doug McDermott a scholarship.

He did. I think he knocked out Odunsi with an elbow in practice.