UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2014

so Odunsi suffered this serious head trauma due to Shengalia? and it was intentionally done? and this is why Shengalia is no longer with the program?

can anyone clarify - the lack of info on Odunsi and Shengalia has been surprising.

Odunsi got his concussion back in November, so that can't be the problem with Shengelia.

FWIW both are still listed on the roster.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Odunsi suffered this serious head trauma due to Shengalia? and it was intentionally done? and this is why Shengalia is no longer with the program?

can anyone clarify - the lack of info on Odunsi and Shengalia has been surprising.

Not intentional. I was just being sarcastic there, but I do think it was shengalia if I recall correctly

That would make some sense. I'm sure Brown has talked to McCaffery about him.

"BCS level transfer wing" fits the description, but if it is Stokes it seems a little misleading considering he was a walk-on until his senior year and pretty much never played while he was there.

Not sure what he would bring basketball wise, but he did receive the team's Appreciation Award this past year so if anything he seems like a good teamate.

Edited by slickwilly

Not too much info to go on..but here's what I see available that meets the rough "BCS level transfer wing" who is immediately available description.

Mussa Abdul-Aleem, South Florida - 6'5"

Quinton Chievous, Tennessee - 6'5"

Justin Martin, Xavier - 6'6"

Desmond Simmons, Washington - 6'7"

Dwight Smith, Colorado State - 6'4"

Darius Stokes, Iowa - 6'7"

None look to be from anywhere near Albany. Stokes is from Iowa..a UAlbany hot-bed..and played at Linn-Marr HS..home of one-time UA recruit Matt Lassen. Simmons was part of the Washington team that we upset in 2012-13..he suffered a cut to his eye that game.

If we want to get really lose with the definition..it was reported that we had interest in Ian Chiles. He's transferring from IUPUI..but is getting looks from BCS-level schools. Though at 6'1"..I'm not sure he'd be what I'd call a "wing."

This doesn't necessarily have to be a starter/impact player either. Maybe provide some depth and even out the scholarship years..as Sam will be the only senior on the team.

Edited by Phoenix