UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. We have just had no luck with BCS transfers.

Might just be those types of people who can't make it at BCS level, come down to a lower level, expect to play etc.. I dunno. But it is interesting that he has been to four schools already (Tyler Junior College, Utah, UAlbany and now Houston Baptist)

Maybe relative to unrealistic expectations?

Kirsten Zoellner (Boston College) was Third Team All-Conference in 2006 as part of an NCAA team.

Will Harris (Virginia) was Third Team All-Conference in 2009.

Maybe relative to unrealistic expectations?

Kirsten Zoellner (Boston College) was Third Team All-Conference in 2006 as part of an NCAA team.

Will Harris (Virginia) was Third Team All-Conference in 2009.

Probably unrealistic expectations. I thought a guy like Harris would dominate this type of conference, but was completely wrong.

Might just be those types of people who can't make it at BCS level, come down to a lower level, expect to play etc.. I dunno. But it is interesting that he has been to four schools already (Tyler Junior College, Utah, UAlbany and now Houston Baptist)

It's why I always harp on four year kids...

It's why I always harp on four year kids...

I like four year player also but for me it's too simple to say transfers are no good for your program. Every championship team at Albany has had multiple players who were transfers, either juco, BCS or from another school.

Speaking of former Albany...

Verbal Commits@VerbalCommits 44s

Former Albany G Anthony Odunsi is transferring to Houston Baptist. (HT @RipSports) http://verbalcommits.com/players/anthony-odunsi

Wonder if he was looking for a school whose trainer/doc would clear him to play?

Just wondering a couple of things? Anyone know the rule about medical red shirt transfers? Can he play right away?

With all the press and concern about concussion injuries, does UA have any say in Odunsi's availability now that he is gone? Does the ncaa get involved in releasing players from concussion injury suspensions.

I have to wonder if we're done with the 2014 class. There' been no announcement yet and I thought there might be one after the Tre Green announcement. Possibly not all the reported commitments for the spring are coming?

Last year's spring class was announced on May 3..so it would certainly seem that some sort of work continues this year.

The thing I'm curious about, we seem to have two commitments for 2015 - a scholarship for Stire (if he's redshirting this year) and Cremo but we will only have senior on the roster. If we were going to add someone else it seems like a one year senior transfer would be perfect to free up a scholarship for 2015. I guess we'll see.