UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another commitment..Wheeler Baker!

Ah this makes sense. Saw the Coaches tweeting tonight about a commit but no one gave names. Was hoping it was that Link guy, but maybe that will happen tomorrow! One can only hope.

But in any event here's Baker..

abaker_medium.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dMDy5HmTdp4

From MyRecruitEZ

Coaches- Wheeler Baker is a dynamic Combo guard with bounce! The 6'1" maybe 6'2" player is an athletic playmaker that reminds our staff of a young Cameron Rundles- the outgoing PG from Wofford university that led his team to NCAA tournament two year ago. During the run Rundles and Wofford upset some pretty good teams on their way to the elite 8 where they lost to Wisconsin in the final minute of play. Baker is an under the radar player! Baker is a scorer in every way imaginable. He can take his man off the bounce due to a good handle and finish well above the rim with authority or he can create space to pull up from anywhere on the floor. Baker has an edge and plays with a chip on his shoulder and doesn't back down! He goes at you! Baker also has grit and mental toughness you would expect to find in a player with division one skill. The level of division one he could play at becomes the question. A similar style player to Wheeler is Bronson Koenig the Sr. PG from Lacross headed to Wisconsin.

From Steven's Sport Report (Steven Macdonald Froemming)

I have personally seen Baker play basketball and I know him on and off the court. Personally, I think that Baker is a good player who has a lot of drive and passion. He good court awareness and knows how to get his teammates involved in the offense. On the defense end, I think that Baker can lock down anyone that he guards. His game will keep improving as long as he keeps working at it. He has a great work ethic.

Edited by Patch

It's just a two minute video..but I see a lot of similarities to Mike Black there.

Excited about this commit! It all starts with the PG and he seems like a good one. Bigger guard, can shoot and create. Had some nice offers from Summit and Horizon schools. This looks like a win!

From MyRecruitEZ

Coaches- Wheeler Baker is a dynamic Combo guard with bounce! The 6'1" maybe 6'2" player is an athletic playmaker that reminds our staff of a young Cameron Rundles- the outgoing PG from Wofford university that led his team to NCAA tournament two year ago. During the run Rundles and Wofford upset some pretty good teams on their way to the elite 8 where they lost to Wisconsin in the final minute of play. Baker is an under the radar player! Baker is a scorer in every way imaginable. He can take his man off the bounce due to a good handle and finish well above the rim with authority or he can create space to pull up from anywhere on the floor. Baker has an edge and plays with a chip on his shoulder and doesn't back down! He goes at you! Baker also has grit and mental toughness you would expect to find in a player with division one skill. The level of division one he could play at becomes the question. A similar style player to Wheeler is Bronson Koenig the Sr. PG from Lacross headed to Wisconsin.

From Steven's Sport Report (Steven Macdonald Froemming)

I have personally seen Baker play basketball and I know him on and off the court. Personally, I think that Baker is a good player who has a lot of drive and passion. He good court awareness and knows how to get his teammates involved in the offense. On the defense end, I think that Baker can lock down anyone that he guards. His game will keep improving as long as he keeps working at it. He has a great work ethic.

I love this singing...fantastic...

He likes to sing according to youtube, pretty good voice.

Pretty good singer. Does anyone know if there are any basketball videos of Link?

I searched for a while last night and couldn't find any. I did search his Alma Academy and found a tall guy playing in some games, but the view is from so far away I couldn't tell if it was him or not.