UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ South Carolina State (11/20)

medium_SHM%20Floor%201-2.jpg

At South Carolina State Tuesday the 20th at 7:30pm. South Carolina State plays in the Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference. They are 2-1 with wins over Clafin University (Division II) and Webber International (NAIA Division I ) with a loss to Kennesaw State (D1). They are playing NJIT tonight (Sunday).

Radio: http://www.iheart.com/live/1425/?autoplay=true

Video: SCS website doesn't seem to have anything listed for streaming sports. However MEAC TV has a link, and lists 'live events' but it's blank now, may need to check back Tuesday.

Game Notes: TBD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike should probably sit...I think we have a good chance to beat SCS without him especially considering how DJ played today. Wish there were more then just one travel day leading up to this game. Hooley appears to be coming on as well...give him more minutes.

Edited by Clickclack

Mike should probably sit...I think we have a good chance to beat SCS without him especially considering how DJ played today. Wish there were more then just one travel day leading up to this game. Hooley appears to be coming on as well...give him more minutes.

I thought the same thing when he came out yesterday. There's really not much time to heal anything the way they've been travelling. This is the sixth game of the season in the fifth different state.

Getting someone else minutes for a game or two might make for a better team later in the season. If my count is right we've had 7 different guys score in double figures so far this year - Puk, Iati, Black, Hooley, Metcalf, Evans and Rowley.

I thought the same thing when he came out yesterday. There's really not much time to heal anything the way they've been travelling. This is the sixth game of the season in the fifth different state.

Getting someone else minutes for a game or two might make for a better team later in the season. If my count is right we've had 7 different guys score in double figures so far this year - Puk, Iati, Black, Hooley, Metcalf, Evans and Rowley.

This ON PAPER is one of the easiest if not the easiest oponenet we'll have all year. Obviously I know we don't play on paper but I like our chances in this one without him. After this game we don't play again until Wagner at home on the 26th. Black is the key to this team...rest him for a week...

Edited by Clickclack

Through four games for SCS two of which were against sub D1 teams...SCS by the numbers

- Offensive Efficiency - 86.9 (339)

- Deffensive Efficiency - 112 (rock bottom of all D1 schools)

Their two D1 games have been Kennesaw St, game they lost by 2pts in OT(Kennesa St ranked 316KenPom) and they beat NJIT by 3 at home (NJIT ranked 314KenPom).

Needless to say, this team is pretty bad. KenPom predicts a 10pt victory for us and gives SCS a 16% chance at a win. Gotta take care of business against an oponent like this. UA is probably exausted though from all the travel...any road win is a good win.

Need to get Devlin untracked? He is only getting a few minutes per game. Is he hurt or just being out played by Rawley (who continues to be a pleasant surprise; but ultimately I still think Luke is the more skilled and more capable??) Looking for some input/opinions here???

I happen to be extremely bullish on Rowley...I think he'll end up having a better career be it injuries to Devlin or what have you. Rowley has "it"

That's not to say we don't need Devlin to play better because we do need a big to draw defenders out of the paint. Our schedule in the first 5 games has been very difficult...it should ease up a bit moving forward.

Edited by Clickclack

Coach Brown on Wyland's radio show today said it was some sort of "Hip Pointer"

He hurt himself during the UMKC game

Coach Brown said he came out against Loyola and tried to go and had to come out twice in the 1st half and then struggled early in the 2nd half and with around the 11 minutes to go they decided to shut him down rather then chance further injury.

He was happy with how the team competed without Mike.

Wilkins' blog says Black will be a game-time decision, see how he feels during warmups. He was limping today.

“If he is really struggling, we’ll probably shut him down. He wants to play, we want him to play, but we can’t worry about one game. We are going to do what is right for him.”

Evans and Hooley will share the point if Black doesn't go.