UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ South Carolina State (11/20)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want to make students turn out for athletics give them priority housing. Have a system in place that documents individual attendance and gives points based on the amount of games they attend. Then create a formula where grades and attendance at athletic events are factored together to tabulate housing numbers. If we do this we will sell out SEFCU every game that students are on campus.

If you really want to make students turn out for athletics give them priority housing. Have a system in place that documents individual attendance and gives points based on the amount of games they attend. Then create a formula where grades and attendance at athletic events are factored together to tabulate housing numbers. If we do this we will sell out SEFCU every game that students are on campus.

good idea!

Also, like Phoenix I read the web posting on volleyball. Even though it was a little hard to figure out, if the second player mentioned was the #1 ranked girl in the country or just an individual from the #1 team in the country {either way looks like a great find and good class of recruits}, I think the site does a good job overall on reporting on ALL UA teams.

In addition to basketball and football, I have season tickets to volleyball and Lacrosse, and believe me the attendance for those is SAD. But, I do not think you can blame UA marketing/web. I recently made a post on THIS blog concerning the Lacrosse schedule being on the UA web site; and did not get a single reply from the hundreds of "fans", who follow this blog. Now,I am not really trying to be critical, the interest is just not there for these other sports. So to complain about attendance for basketball and football {"the money sports"}, and to complain about UA marketing efforts, shows a lack of understanding of the Albany sports [or lack thereof] market.

with all due respect, it would have helped if you included the schedule in that post or at least provided a link to it. you just said "Lacrosse schedule released" and that was it.

Mad dog, I said in my post the release and schedule were on the UA sports web site, which I felt anyone who reads this blog would know. It is also linked to this blog. But hear it is http://www.ualbanysports.com.