UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Now Wagner is tied in.

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Source-Quinnipiac-Monmouth-could-join-MAAC-4087984.php#ixzz2E2XkqESA

If this is true, it may mean the end of the NEC.

In that case I'd expect CCSU and Bryant to get AEast invites and then I'd expect the AEast to start a football conference and force us back out of the CAA.

Albany

UNH

Maine

SBU

CCSU

Bryant

URI- affiliate

Monmouth-affiliate

Wagner - affiliate

Nothing woud surprise me.

Edited by danefan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AD: Monmouth has no invitations to leave NEC

http://www.app.com/article/20121203/NJSPORTS0220/312030104'>http://www.app.com/article/20121203/NJSPORTS0220/312030104

How to leave a conference in 30 days....

Step 1. Unequivocal denial two weeks prior to prospective conference annual meeting, while in the same breath say your open to all possibilities. 

http://www.app.com/article/20121203/NJSPORTS0220/312030104

Step 2. Prospective conference has annual meeting.

[to come December 14th]

Edited by danefan

Now Wagner is tied in.

http://www.ctpost.co...p#ixzz2E2XkqESA

In that case I'd expect CCSU and Bryant to get AEast invites and then I'd expect the AEast to start a football conference and force us back out of the CAA.

Albany

UNH

Maine

SBU

CCSU

Bryant

URI- affiliate

Monmouth-affiliate

Wagner - affiliate

I know I am in the minority, but I kind of like it AmEast football. Anyhow, I do not have "sources", but Monmouth or Wagner to maac makes NO SENSE at all, unless as someone said it is a ploy to get NEC to raise schollies????

Now Wagner is tied in.

http://www.ctpost.co...p#ixzz2E2XkqESA

Albany

UNH

Maine

SBU

CCSU

Bryant

URI- affiliate

Monmouth-affiliate

Wagner - affiliate

I know I am in the minority, but I kind of like it AmEast football. Anyhow, I do not have "sources", but Monmouth or Wagner to maac makes NO SENSE at all, unless as someone said it is a ploy to get NEC to raise schollies????

Minority is an understatement. ;)

Or we leave the AE for a better conference.

I haven't been following realignments religiously, but with the turmoil of the Big East,

is it possible that UA & Stony Brook might be apart of its future?

No. The Big East will raid the MAC before it gets to anyone like us. UMass, Buffalo (blah), etc. are way ahead of us. We're 15 years from FBS football if ever.

I assume you're basing it on football... as the BE would want an all program member who already plays fbs football with an appropriate capacity stadium.

How about the CAA? As it stands now, is it possible to get an all sports invite? I know some think it wouldn't be worth it, others say yes.

Who here thinks its an upgrade?

I'm thrilled with our football upgrade to the CAA but what about an upgrade for our other sports? Where would you want to see an all-sports offer come from? There aren't many northeast options.

I like the CAA for all sports but the exit fee for leaving is huge and we would have higher travel costs. It would be a huge jump in quality. ESPN had the CAA conference ranked at 12 and the AE at 26 in an article I just read.

I would love to see the MAC snap up Albany and Stony Brook for all sports other than football. Give us 5 or so years in the CAA and then let us move football there as well. We meet the MAC footprint pretty well... a bit westward but the addition of UMass is nice. It would give the MAC a solid New York presence. The MAC was ranked 17 in that article compared to the AE at 26. An admission with a tactic note that football is welcome when your ready.

Or we leave the AE for a better conference.

I haven't been following realignments religiously, but with the turmoil of the Big East,

is it possible that UA & Stony Brook might be apart of its future?

No. The Big East will raid the MAC before it gets to anyone like us. UMass, Buffalo (blah), etc. are way ahead of us. We're 15 years from FBS football if ever.

I hope we're not 15 years from FBS football because Stony Brook is not waiting 15 years. From the AD to their coach and fans, they all seem to be chomping at the bit. I hope we're not left behind. We need to keep adding to our facilities and preparing ourselves. Stony Brook is not going to wait on us.

The more I think about it, I really like the MAC idea. Sure, we're not ready for MAC football today but given 5 or so years we could be. The geographic footprint is pretty good. The school profile is pretty good. It's the only possible home for a SBU or UA football jump when the time comes. Albany and Stony Brook are a darn good fit for that conference. Football could follow later.