UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany at Siena - 7pm

Separate from the longer-term home/away issue..I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts and predictions are for tomorrow night's game.

I think the two teams are much closer than their records through seven games suggest. Add in the fact that it's a road game for the Danes and that these contests have been tight more often than not..I think it will be another very close game.

UAlbany had serious problems with OD last year (though who hasn't)..and our interior players remain the same from that game. The Saints have struggled on offense, but have performed well on defense and rebound the heck out of the ball. I think they actually profile pretty similar to Wagner. We need to play solid defense and take intelligent shots to help limit the rebounds opportunities.

In addition to OD, Hymes has been producing at a pretty high-level through his first year-plus and Rob Poole has improved quite a bit over last year. I think it will be near impossible to stop OD, but we need Puk and Metcalf to battle. Getting him in a bit of foul trouble early could be big. Our perimeter defense is definitely improved over last year..so hopefully that helps against a team that puts up nearly 22 three-point attempts per game.

While Siena's 2-5, their two losses at home have been by 1 point against Vermont and 1 point against UMass. Both very good teams with a combined 7-3 record. Those 3 losses are against UConn, NC State and Tennessee.

I think this will be a much tougher game than many fans are assuming. Hopefully we come out with a win!

I assume every game against Siena is going to be tough. As much as people hate them, they are a good team, in a decent conference, with good players. Judging from previous games and the fact that we have only won a few of these games since the series started up again, I would say this is going to be a very tough game to win on the road.

My understanding is the computers have the game from a pick em to lcc favored by 2 as it is a road game for us. I am hopefully that we win this tough game and pull away at the end but don't expect this will be easy. Even tough this LCC team is losing a lot of games, they are no where near the level of their 04-05 team, their most fun team that regularly got blown out .

Edited by bob87

Agreed, they are much better than their record. Vermont and UMass are solid.

We need to come in, ready to battle, aggressive in all areas.

I hope we've been practicing against a half court and full court press, as $iena always likes to press. I've seen us crumble against the press, at a lesser times, have seen us beat it... We need to break the press early and make them pay... so that they don't keep pressing.

During the late stages of the Wagner game, it seemed like we allowed their aggressive press to dictate everything. We might have lost if there were a few extra minutes on the clock.

Edited by uofalbany

Siena plays MOSTLY zone...if they play zone against US Iati, Black and Gurrier will shred it. Their particular version of the zone is very lazy as well meaning they leavea ton of open shots. UMASS is a stictly slash and drive team and played right into Siena's clog the paint strategy. Unless their zone is significantly improved...if our kids can knock down some shots we'll win the game. Siena is offensivly a terrible and predictable team...they walk it up, dump it down low...I'd say let OD go for 20/20 with 20 free throw attempts which 80% of he'll miss and lock everyone else up. Hymes is a walking turnover with an A/T ratio of like .6...I think Black is gonna eat him up. Brookins is sitting although I believe this helps them as Hymes and Brookins don't have to fight for the ball. If Hymes is off in this game and he's been hit or miss we have the potential to blow them out.

Pool is probably their most complete player but at this point on a good team he'd be a good peg to have in the wheel but certainly hasn't up to this point been someone who can throw a team on his back. Silas and Gomis are both very raw...and very foul prone, neither plays much because either Mitch forgets them or he doesn't trust them. The rest of their rotation is very raw and with the huge crowd may be intimidated while our back-court is seasoned especially our star.

Black, Iati and Hooley if they were on Siena would all start...maybe Metcalf at the four as well...their one guy is OD and even he is very unreliable especially late in a game.

Edited by Clickclack

I haven't seen Siena play this year except for some highlights and what I've read. They sound a little like they did during Michael Haddix's senior year, a team with a talented, experienced big man and a bunch of younger, inexperienced guards. That can be a tough combination. Wignot and Downey seemed to be the "glue guys" for them that they've missed so far.

Struggling or not, they're at home and desperate for a win. I expect this to be a battle.

I haven't seen Siena play this year except for some highlights and what I've read. They sound a little like they did during Michael Haddix's senior year, a team with a talented, experienced big man and a bunch of younger, inexperienced guards. That can be a tough combination. Wignot and Downey seemed to be the "glue guys" for them that they've missed so far.

Struggling or not, they're at home and desperate for a win. I expect this to be a battle.

Agreed, especially with the bolded part...Even in their years at the height of Fran mania this game was a battle.

Ladies take the first game and demolish $iena........not much of a game. Way to go Coach Abe standing tall for the Danes! Funny listening to the $iena head coach in the post game interview where she said her team leaves it all on the court. Well, you needed at least 17 more points.

Edited by GreatDane87