UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sweep of Siena - The Capital Cups Come Home to UAlbany

Congratulations to the mens and womens basketball teams as they totally outplayed Siena. Big difference in coaching. Lots of talk leading up to these games.....some saying that our mens teams were about the same and that they had home court advantage. Even with Mike Black being relatively quiet, the Danes stepped it up and took the game. The Mens and Womens Albany Cups come home to their rightful home......the University at Albany! Way to go Danes!

Edited by GreatDane87

Damn that was fun.

Blake Metcalf - nails two free throws when we needed them. Captain!

Saw the Puk we hoped we'd see. 9 points, 8 boards and perfect from the line. 9 different guys scored and had at least 1 rebound.

Great to see the seniors go out with a win in this game.

Average attendance for Siena is 7k. Last night 10,229 showed up for the game. I'm sorry, UA needs to make changes on this game, especially after a night like last night.

You could look at it another way - We only brought in an additional 32229 fans to their own attendance.

Average attendance for Siena is 7k. Last night 10,229 showed up for the game. I'm sorry, UA needs to make changes on this game, especially after a night like last night.

You could look at it another way - We only brought in an additional 32229 fans to their own attendance.

5,700 fans against a good opponent in UMass earlier this week at the TUC.

It's not how you start but how you finish. The important thing was that it was all purple fans at the end of the game.

What do you mean only 3229. Who else can convince a team to play on their home court every game AND bring extra fans. As DP already said the important thing is we got their fans to leave early and hopefully to stay away for a while :D

The Albany Cup remains on display at the Times-Union Center " for the entire community to view." My first reaction was that it should be in the SEFCU Arena lobby, but then I thought it's better to have it where Siena fans could see it all year long, as long as the current cupholder is prominently displayed.

Edited by UAalum72

The Albany Cup remains on display at the Times-Union Center " for the entire community to view." My first reaction was that it should be in the SEFCU Arena lobby, but then I thought it's better to have it where Siena fans could see it all year long, as long as the current cupholder is prominently displayed.

I think it stays downtown because we only won the two basketball games but, embarassingly, lost the toilet paper unrolling contest.

I'll look for it next time I go to a hockey game there. Unfortunately I'll probobly will see a banner honoring a drunk driver more prominently on display than the Albany cup.

Jumping on topic a little late; I was sky high Saturday night--AWESOME GAME!!!!!!! Wife took me down to earth with "honey do" list yesterday and this am. But now, I just want to say great game plan and preparation by coaching staff; great execution with poise and desire by the whole team. EVERY player contributed. Fans were awesome, student and otherwise {I never ever saw UA fans leave in mass in a close game with five minutes to go. UA fans-- students and otherwise, may be small in numbers as the TU complains, but we are knowledgeable, devoted and support our team to the end}. So now, in spite of a lot of negative TU $iena, I think like Patch said I'll just sit back and bask and enjoy the victory the team delivered.

Edited by dslyank