UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not for nothing but Maine was in the CAA yet they still came to Albany to play us while we were in the NEC.

Good point and no doubt winning those games helped our stock with the CAA.

I guess i don't dislike home-and-homes with NEC teams, I just wish it was one of the closer teams and it was a home game next year.

The long bus ride to start he season in Pittsburgh doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are trying to build a fan base, fill a new stadium, create some excitement, capitalize on the novelty of a new stadium and you only play 5 home games and open the season @ the dukes. I am not saying we should never travel to lesser leagues BUT NOT THIS YEAR. Bring in somebody, anybody RPI-Union, I do not care who. Beat them 77 to 0, but that stadium needs to be christened 8/31/2013 or there a bouts.

Anybody in the know or with connections needs to send this entire blog thread to the administration. They can not allow us to open away from home with Bob Ford field @ XYZ stadium sitting empty. They have stumbled around with this stadium for forty years and they NEED to do something RIGHT this time.

Edited by dslyank

You are trying to build a fan base, fill a new stadium, create some excitement, capitalize on the novelty of a new stadium and you only play 5 home games and open the season @ the dukes. I am not saying we should never travel to lesser leagues BUT NOT THIS YEAR. Bring in somebody, anybody RPI-Union, I do not care who. Beat them 77 to 0, but that stadium needs to be christened 8/31/2013 or there a bouts.

Anybody in the know or with connections needs to send this entire blog thread to the administration. They can not allow us to open away from home with Bob Ford field @ XYZ stadium sitting empty. They have stumbled around with this stadium for forty years and they NEED to do something RIGHT this time.

Write an email to McElroy. He controls the scheduling.

YEP. Again, it's ridiculous that we'd consider traveling anywhere, especially to Pittsburgh.

8/31 ???????????????????????

9/7 at Colgate

9/14 Rhode Island *

9/21 ???????????????????????

9/28 at Old Dominion (Tentative)

10/5 at James Madison *

10/12 at Delaware *

10/19 Towson *

10/26 OPEN (hopefully a Bye)

11/2 at Richmond *

11/9 Maine *

11/16 New Hampshire *

11/23 at Stony Brook *

If this is accurate, its 4 home and 6 away..... and the two remaining dates.

There's absolutely no reason to schedule away games on these dates. None. Not this year.

We should even drop the Old Dominion away game, and fill that date with a home game. (although I like

the idea of playing ODU)

Instead of 5h and 7a, It should be at the very minimium, 6h and 6a..... better yet, 7h and 5a

Let's hope the administration is thinking ahead and pushing to line up some AE and NCAA tournament rounds in the stadium.

Sbu is hosting the men's lacrosse championship weekend both for 2013 & 2014. We should already put in our request for 2015 and 2016.

Edited by uofalbany

ODU may well be a payday game, likely the best we'll get until we're a counter - not sure if they're actually FBS next year or still in transition.

Down the road, I'd still expect only five home games a year, provided one is a FBS payday game, then split the other two OOC.

Everytime they comment, they say the stadium is on schedule - I've heard June as the completion date each time.

If that were the case though, at least give us a short road trip...

Agreed. Monmouth or Wagner would have been sooooo much better than Duquesne.

If this is true, thats a disgrace. I hate to be a snob but I have zero interest in playing an NEC team. Nothing against Duquesne or their program but I would rather play anyone but Duquesne. I am sure the players would like another crack at Wagner and as an Alumni I dont even want to play them.

I know scheduling is trickey but if we are going to travel make it worth the trip. If we go to Pittsburgh and crush them, whats the big deal? If, God forbid we lose, its a disaster!!! It would be like losing to Union at this point.

• 3 weeks later...