UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs. Maine (2/9/2013)

This thread is the reason I don't post much anymore. The chicken littles and newbies that want change can rip into others all they want. We are fans but our loyalty is to the University. Will Brown will be gone someday we will still be fans of the team and root for success. Comparing the Mens game and the Womens game is wrong. Maine men have beaten the real BU and Vermont. Maine women have 1 conference win. While I do not always agree with "coaching" decisions, I know this:

We have 2 NCAA appearances - The Brook has none - Bingo cheated to get one unmemorable appearance

Try to enjoy the games - there is a reason that we are "fans" and not coaches or administrators.

Some of you are pushing this board towards the piece of $iena that is the $ienahoops board.

Now I will read the well reasoned responses that are sure to be fired off with multiple nanoseconds of thought.

I'll still be sitting in the same seat I have been in since the RAAC opened.

+1

+2

Edited by Clickclack

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is the reason I don't post much anymore. The chicken littles and newbies that want change can rip into others all they want. We are fans but our loyalty is to the University. Will Brown will be gone someday we will still be fans of the team and root for success. Comparing the Mens game and the Womens game is wrong. Maine men have beaten the real BU and Vermont. Maine women have 1 conference win. While I do not always agree with "coaching" decisions, I know this:

We have 2 NCAA appearances - The Brook has none - Bingo cheated to get one unmemorable appearance

Try to enjoy the games - there is a reason that we are "fans" and not coaches or administrators.

Some of you are pushing this board towards the piece of $iena that is the $ienahoops board.

Now I will read the well reasoned responses that are sure to be fired off with multiple nanoseconds of thought.

+1

+2

I guess that brings us back to 0

What we don't need is nasty, personal attacks on this board. We dealt with this once before, the culprits were put in their place,

changed their tune, and started to act civil.

What we all have in common is that this is our university. The university is growing and improving, including our athletics department.

In regards to basketball, is our men's program growing and improving? With what amount of success or failure are we content with and will accept?

We are in a low mid major basketball conference. We seem to float around the middle of the pack always, or at least have averaged such.

Some are content, some are not. That means the coaching has produced mediocre results in a low mid major program.

It's all in what our goals are, and for some they are high, others not so high.

Not sure if we can still post about the actual game in this thread..but that was a tough loss. Was a chance to further separate from the bottom 6 of the league. Makes Saturday at home against Hartford very important. I hope we can elude the 4/5 game in the tournament..as I'd prefer to avoid Stony Brook for as long as possible.

Either way..I'll be there cheering for the team..win or loss..but hopefully win.

What we don't need is nasty, personal attacks on this board. We dealt with this once before, the culprits were put in their place,

changed their tune, and started to act civil.

What we all have in common is that this is our university. The university is growing and improving, including our athletics department.

In regards to basketball, is our men's program growing and improving? With what amount of success or failure are we content with and will accept?

We are in a low mid major basketball conference. We seem to float around the middle of the pack always, or at least have averaged such.

Some are content, some are not. That means the coaching has produced mediocre results in a low mid major program.

It's all in what our goals are, and for some they are high, others not so high.

Exactly... Some have a smAlbany mentality and some want to see Albany elevate to highest possible level. I for one am not satisfied with mediocre results in a low major conference.

Biggest issue I have is being left behind. I don't want to see the school I love become second rate. That does not mean we will be that way w/ or w/o Will Brown. Football has helped to prevent that and I believe basketball is the other major piece (lacrosse is also a piece,but I give it a little bit more of a leash because of how small the sport is in the grand scheme of things when it comes to the NCAA).

I do agree...no personal attacks needed.

+1

+2

BIG FAT +1000000000 to SARGE. Well stated. PERIOD.

Winning at this level is harder than it seems. The men's players are very good. There is a small but critical difference between being very good and good enough to compete with elite players. UA needs a strategy to entice a few good enough players to sign on. Not easy.

Not sure if we can still post about the actual game in this thread..but that was a tough loss. Was a chance to further separate from the bottom 6 of the league. Makes Saturday at home against Hartford very important. I hope we can elude the 4/5 game in the tournament..as I'd prefer to avoid Stony Brook for as long as possible.

Either way..I'll be there cheering for the team..win or loss..but hopefully win.

Hartford just upset Stony Brook 60-55. Saturday is a must win for us if we want to finish ahead of Hartford in the standings and earn the #3 seed.

Hartford just upset Stony Brook 60-55. Saturday is a must win for us if we want to finish ahead of Hartford in the standings and earn the #3 seed.

Good for them, Hartford is quietly building a good program, improving over the last few years...Saturday will be very interesting. Hartford can beat the top of the AE so can maine...

Edited by Clickclack

+1

+2

BIG FAT +1000000000 to SARGE. Well stated. PERIOD.

Agreed well said by Sarge .

I'll be in the same seat next game as well that I had since they went d1 as watching my university compete at the d1 level is still mostly fun to me. For those it is not fun to, no one is forcing them to go.

Will Brown's record in AE conference play since taking over, including AE tournament games: 97-110

For comparison:

Vermont is 167-51 in both AE conference play and AE tournament for the same period.

Boston U is 134-57 in AE reg season conference play only

Maine is 90-103 in AE reg season conference play only

Bingham is 88-105 in AE reg season conference play

Edited by uofalbany