UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @BU 2/20/13

This one doesn't bother me as much. Road game. No Hooley. They hit a number of shot clock beating shots. And no I haven't come to accept it, but this one felt different.

I agree also. Strong effort just came up short. Every time we made a run they came back with a 3. Still sucks to lose again to BU.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We competed on the road without a starter [who might have made the difference at least defensively]. I know it sucks to lose to BU again, but I am not discouraged by the loss, as much as I am by the play of our "best point guard in the league". I do not want to blame anyone for our 3/4 or 4/5 if you prefer AmEast season. But we have to be honest; Mike is a REAL nice player, but he is not the best point in the league and may not even finish first team all league. That being said, if we are to win at least two games in the tournament we need the Black to play like or even better than he did OC. This is NOT meant as a condemnation of Mike (I for one can not complain over a 20+ win season), but I think I am stating the obvious that without a superlative effort from him, I do not think this team is capable of advancing too far.

We competed on the road without a starter [who might have made the difference at least defensively]. I know it sucks to lose to BU again, but I am not discouraged by the loss, as much as I am by the play of our "best point guard in the league". I do not want to blame anyone for our 3/4 or 4/5 if you prefer AmEast season. But we have to be honest; Mike is a REAL nice player, but he is not the best point in the league and may not even finish first team all league. That being said, if we are to win at least two games in the tournament we need the Black to play like or even better than he did OC. This is NOT meant as a condemnation of Mike (I for one can not complain over a 20+ win season), but I think I am stating the obvious that without a superlative effort from him, I do not think this team is capable of advancing too far.

I agree with this also. He is having a tough stretch here and missing a lot of open shots that he usually makes. If he was playing like he is capable, like we have seen him play in the past, then I don't think we lose 6 games in the conference. I put some of this on the coaching staff though as they should be putting him in better positions to be successful. I really hope Mike can turn it around these last few games and in the tourney. We need him and this is his last run before graduating. I'm really hoping he can step up.

Pretty sure he scores most of his points when the game was pretty much over and bu had it wrapped up. At least we won't have to worry about 2 losses by the hands of them anymore.

Does umass lowel come in and play America east games right away next year? Isn't there a probation perioc before a team can join a conference from d2?

Black was 7 for 14 from the floor (only 1/5 from 3 pt.). I'll take 50% from the guard position---back of the kid and he'll be alright.

Shooting wasn't necessarily the issue (although part of his struggles this year) last night. 0 assist and 0 steals. That's ugly.

Does umass lowel come in and play America east games right away next year? Isn't there a probation perioc before a team can join a conference from d2?

They'll play, but won't be eligible for the NCAA post-season (and therefore conference championships) during the four-year transition to Division I.

They'll play, but won't be eligible for the NCAA post-season (and therefore conference championships) during the four-year transition to Division I.

Thanks. So its still a 16 game schedule?

This one doesn't bother me as much. Road game. No Hooley. They hit a number of shot clock beating shots. And no I haven't come to accept it, but this one felt different.

You know what might feel different? A victory!

Malcontent out...to watch the women's game where moral victories are a thing of the past (even if they are just a couple of years removed from losing and irrelevancy.)

You know what might feel different? A victory!

Malcontent out...to watch the women's game where moral victories are a thing of the past (even if they are just a couple of years removed from losing and irrelevancy.)

LOL