UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Championship Saturday (3/16)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on the AE board I was sorry to hear about the bottle thing and whatever else happened yesterday. My interactions with Vermont fans have generally been pretty positive compared to those with some of our SUNY rivals. Maybe I just have fond memories because we win big games at Patrick Gym...

We were curious yesterday why there were three or four rows of Vermont fans between the two Albany sections of fans. With all of us crammed in there like sardines it seemed like a recipe for acrimony.

As I said on the AE board I was sorry to hear about the bottle thing and whatever else happened yesterday. My interactions with Vermont fans have generally been pretty positive compared to those with some of our SUNY rivals. Maybe I just have fond memories because we win big games at Patrick Gym...

We were curious yesterday why there were three or four rows of Vermont fans between the two Albany sections of fans. With all of us crammed in there like sardines it seemed like a recipe for acrimony.

Watching on TV I saw those few rows of UVM fans. I kept thinking that could turn into a bad scene late or after the game.

I don't remember any BS chants yesterday..from either sides..could be mistaken though? The A-Hole chant was from Vermont fans when the refs ruled that Vermont's out of bound's pass hit Coach Brown when he had a foot in-bounds.

Maybe not chants, but someone from behind our band threw a couple of F-bombs. I think an usher went up to talk to him.

This tends to happen more in big tournament/playoff games when you get a lot of non-regulars in attendance who think they're at someplace like MSG (or name your bas-example arena) .

We'll do better than the 111-70 loss to Duke in 2007.

At least we'll be more comfortable than in their dump.

(On 12/07/07, during a timeout Pat Filien told the team what play Duke would run and how to defend it. Duke ran it, somebody blew an assignment, they scored, and Filien pounded the table so hard he broke his hand).

Our MO is to slow teams down. Duke will be tough, we have to slow them down .. a lot. I know we always are suppose to think we can win a game, but being realistic I just don't want to get too too hammered by them.

Edited by MsGDG

On ESPN they have us playing on Friday in Philadelphia in the Midwest Region. #2 seed Georgetown in the East Region is also slated to play on Friday in Philadelphia. Two regions playing in the same arena on the same day? #2 seeds Duke and Georgetown both in Philly? What am I missing?

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Our MO is to slow teams down. Duke will be tough, we have to slow them down .. a lot. I know we always are suppose to think we can win a game, but being realistic I just don't want to get too too hammered by them.

WHY NOT US

we almost beat UConn in the same building

On ESPN they have us playing on Friday in Philadelphia in the Midwest Region. #2 seed Georgetown in the East Region is also slated to play on Friday in Philadelphia. Two regions playing in the same arena on the same day? #2 seeds Duke and Georgetown both in Philly? What am I missing?

For a few years now, subregion pods have gone to different regionals - I don't know, maybe to cut travel expenses.

I'm as happy about the location as I am the draw. We have a good history with Philly. It's close, it should be a night game with plenty of exposure.

Really couldn't ask for more except to knock Duke off and get tickets to the game. Logan Aronhalt has beaten Duke twice this year, no reason we can't do it, right?