UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Championship Saturday (3/16)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Alumni Association is asking what DVD we want to watch on the bus to Vermont:

-The Washington game

-The Stony Brook game

-The 2007 AE Championship Final at Patrick Gym.

Hard to go wrong.

On the AE forum the Vermont fans were talking about how annoying it was to hear us do the UA-UAUAUA-UA-UA after every made basket in 2007. I think we have our blueprint for Saturday.

I may be biased as someone that wasn't around for the '07 title game, but man would I love to see sad Tommy Brenton on the way up. Nothing makes me smile like sad Tommy Brenton.

Well you should check out the 07 game as well. A sad Mike Trimboli was great also. I got to see his season end in person each year 06,07,08,09. Extra special most years when UA ended it. :P

I'm with Bob. I'm not sure why but I loved to watch that guy lose. I almost feel bad now.

I never took that much glee at Tromboli's breakdown after playing us. He always seemed like a decent kid who played hard and obviously wanted to win. In general, I have a lot of respect for their program and their fans. They've just happened to be between us and where we want to be.

I never took that much glee at Tromboli's breakdown after playing us. He always seemed like a decent kid who played hard and obviously wanted to win. In general, I have a lot of respect for their program and their fans. They've just happened to be between us and where we want to be.

Yep..... good kid, just happened to be playing for our rival

Agreed.... They have a great program which I respect... But like you said, they were/are in our way...

Edited by Clickclack

Agreed.... They have a great program which I respect... But like you said, they were/are in our way...

Come on fellas, he played for our biggest rival, and whined all the time, we don't have to like him. Didn't say I didn't respect him or the program, but enjoyed watching him and them lose.

Come on fellas, he played for our biggest rival, and whined all the time, we don't have to like him. Didn't say I didn't respect him or the program, but enjoyed watching him and them lose.

McFan

I couldn't have said it better myself

If you know alumns in the NYC area, pass this information onto them

UAlbany Championship Game Viewing Parties in NYC Area

Manhattan

The Dead Poet, 450 Amsterdam Avenue, NYC

Host: David Schaffer, '83

Queens

Pour House Inc. 21311 41st Ave, Bayside, NY 11361

Westchester County

The Brazen Fox 175 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY 10601

Time: 11:00am, Game tip off 11:30am

Hope you can come out to meet with other alumni to cheer for the Great Danes!

I am not comfortable with this procedure. UVM doesn't have to honor a "confirmation number" that we received when purchasing tickets through the A.A. So if there is any kind of mix-up on UVM's end, ticket-only purchasers are stuck in the UVM lobby at will-call. If this is the procedure to be employed, I can only hope that the tickets at UVM's will call will be matched up with our names.

Call the ticket office and ask. I think they will actually have a UA table set up in the UVM lobby where they have the will call tickets purchased through UA. That is the way Will call was at TUC for Siena and I've seen that a number of other time. I would still call and check at the number already posted.

Thank you (also a thank you to Phoenix, MsGDG, and Bob87 for your posts) for the information and words of wisdom. An email was sent out this week, and the procedure for picking up our tickets at will call in Vermont seems to be pro forma, and everything should work out just fine. I imagine that we'll get our tickets to the women's game at that time too.

Saturday is going to be a long (but hopefully great) day of college basketball. Imagine rushing two different basketball courts on the same day (but in two different states)? :)

Edited by UA_MA_2000