UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

Then lost in an inter regional game to Monroe (NY) who advanced to the national DI Tourney.

If it's any indication of how good Monroe is, they put 2-4 guys in D1 just about every year. C. Brown had 20 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 3 steals in that regional game against them.

Then lost in an inter regional game to Monroe (NY) who advanced to the national DI Tourney.

If it's any indication of how good Monroe is, they put 2-4 guys in D1 just about every year. C. Brown had 20 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks and 3 steals in that regional game against them.

Wow...that's nice...he should be able to help.

Looks like Brown might have found Sam's replacement as far as tenacity in the low post goes...I think Stire, come JR and SR years, will be a lot like Sam. He has a similar disposition down low and good footwork.

I know coach knows what he is doing?? But Chas does not seem to fit typical "good character"/ good academics recruit. Also, his own coach in the Baltimore article says, Chas is not really a good offensive player. Also, fouls problematic. At this point, I am not as high on this guy, as some of you appear to be. Seems to have a number of issues, I hope he works out.

I wonder what kind of recommendation the lady whose cable repair he walked away from would give him?

Edited by dslyank

I know coach knows what he is doing?? But Chas does not seem to fit typical "good character"/ good academics recruit. Also, his own coach in the Baltimore article says, Chas is not really a good offensive player. Also, fouls problematic. At this point, I am not as high on this guy, as some of you appear to be. Seems to have a number of issues, I hope he works out.

I wonder what kind of recommendation the lady whose cable repair he walked away from would give him?

I'm not sure anyone is 'high' on him...he appears to have some defensive capabilities as well as athletic enough to perhaps contribute. Bottom line is if he doesn't fold himself into the program he won't be here...on the court it appears many of his fouls are a result of extreme aggressiveness, if that can be harnessed he can help the team. We don't need him shooting 20 foot jumpers, he needs to block shots, hit the boards. He's not going to be Sam with back to the basket moves, he's not recruited to do that but provide depth, athleticism, defense and rebounding.

As for walking away from cable install job and saying I need to go back to school...he didn't walk away to push crack on the streets. He spoke of his commitment to his partner and their child...it takes a grown man to say I need to do better by my child and giver her a better life. Until proven otherwise, he's OK in my book.

Edited by Clickclack

What about that article made you question his character? The fact that he starting working to support his daughter? Re: academics..considering Coach Brown's teams regularly lead the conference in All-Academic team selections and overall team GPA..I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that the staff likes what they've seen from him in junior college. College is about education and opportunity. Reading this makes me think he gets it:

“Through it all I’m just appreciative, especially to my high school coach and Coach Terry, just for the amount of work and effort they put in,” Brown said. “I feel extremely blessed, man, with my journey and all the obstacles I had to climb to be here. And it’s not over. It’s just the beginning.”

Re: athletics..like click said..we don't need him to drop 15+ ppg. We're returning 4 starters..including three guys who averaged 10+ ppg. Grab some rebounds..block/alter shots..and chip-in a few buckets..that's all we need from someone like him.

Re: fouls..right now our front court will have Rowley, Peters, Stire, Charles and Brown. We don't necessarily need 25-30+ mpg from him..so I don't think foul problems will be a real issue.

Edited by Phoenix

Agree with Click and Phoenix. I trust the staff. As for the fouls it seems he got better since the coach's quote says foul problems at beginning of season and made adjustments.

“He got himself into some foul trouble in the beginning of the season and had to make an adjustment to that. Once he did, he just started playing really well and doing a lot of things for us. He’s long, athletic, can run, he rebounds and defends. He’s just a big-time competitor.”

Hey...why don't we let the kid play, and reserve judgement. But, if we are going on film alone...the guy is more athletic in the post than any guy I've seen in the past 6-8 years, for UA.

Agree with reserving judgement. Whether or not we always agree with CB's decisions, he's been pretty spot on with recruiting good kids. There's always an outlier in any program, but he has a great record. Give the kid the benefit of the doubt.