UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2015

Commitment from a freshman PG from Chicago. David Nichols is 6'0" and had offers from a handful of other mid-majors.

Seems like a good student with some decent other offers. No real pressure on him next year with our guards coming back.

Nichols plays in the same Catholic League in Chicago where Mike Black played. Tough level of competition.

Nichols was the MVP of the Chicago Catholic League in 2014 and last year went Prep.

I saw he had a 3.6 GPA out of HS with several IVYs interested.

2014 2nd team All State IBCA (Illinois Basketball Coaches Association) they have 15 players on each team.

One of the JUCO kids I believe is not coming and David will take that scholarship...Underrated signing, this kid has a game similar to Mike Black, we'll see how he develops but I believe he's in a perfect spot with no pressure this year playing behind Hooley and Singletary at the point and can come along slowly. Really like this signing as a long term fit.

• Like 1

According to Verbal Commits - the roster is now:

Senior: (3 Scholarships, 1 Walk-On)

Singletary

Hooley

Sanders

Wiiliams

Junior: (7 Scholarships - 4 Return, 3 Verbal)

Green

Rowley

Peters

Ennema

Chas Brown (Verbal)

Jamir Andrews (Verbal)

Travis Charles (Verbal)

Sophomore: (1 Scholarship)

Stire

Freshman: (3 Scholarships - 1 Signed, 2 Verbal)

Cremo (Signed)

David Nichols (Verbal)

Kyle McKinley (Verbal)

So by my count, that is 14 Scholarships and a walk-on. I could have sworn we were already at 14 before this signing. Who I am missing? Who besides Robinson left? Kind of having a brain fart. I am liking this team and it's future though!

Edited by godanesgo99

That's the most current information that I've seen.

I'll go back to my thought when Andrews committed and before we knew Robinson was instead going to LA Tech: I haven't seen Green mentioned anywhere recently nor has he been in any team outing pictures since the season ended. Add in the fact that Green is a PG and this new commitment is from a PG..and I'd guess that to be the answer.

According to Verbal Commits - the roster is now:

Senior: (3 Scholarships, 1 Walk-On)

Singletary

Hooley

Sanders

Wiiliams

Junior: (7 Scholarships - 4 Return, 3 Verbal)

Green

Rowley

Peters

Ennema

Chas Brown (Verbal)

Jamir Andrews (Verbal)

Travis Charles (Verbal)

Sophomore: (1 Scholarship)

Stire

Freshman: (3 Scholarships - 1 Signed, 2 Verbal)

Cremo (Signed)

David Nichols (Verbal)

Kyle McKinley (Verbal)

So by my count, that is 14 Scholarships and a walk-on. I could have sworn we were already at 14 before this signing. Who I am missing? Who besides Robinson left? Kind of having a brain fart. I am liking this team and it's future though!

im pretty sure you can only have 13 scholarships.

That's correct, unless they increased it by one this year. Women's DI hoops get 15.

Someone could be a walk-on...some-one could be getting aid another way (EOP, Merit, etc.). Also, we don't know if Stire is still paying his way.

Personally, I think people agonize way too much over the, "How can we give out another ride" commentary. Unless we are breaking rules (we are not)...I could care less how Brown closes the deal, and what the player agrees to; it's their arm's length negotiation.