UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutty win. Damn. Colgate was the preseason pick to win the Patriot. I'll take it. I

Agreed...while the defense remains a serious work in progress...they gutted this one out and when it counted they held them on that fourth down. Should give them confidence moving forward. Maybe the Patriot league stinks or the team picked 10th in the CAA perhaps isn't all that horrible. Offense continues to look good, really got the running game going.

Just hope the kids on D keep growing.

Good game actually. After the dukes game, I was pretty down on this team; but they responded well. The running game was unstoppedable, but Fiacchii did not look too sharp--missed some wide open receivers and the interception off the screen pass showed pretty poor judgement. The D obviously still needs work, but in their defense (no pun intended), I like another post felt colgate was getting away with a lot of holds (not a single holding call and even the "colgate" announcers spotted some). Also, in the first half Fiacchi was tackled out of bounds and the "colgate" announcers had it definitely as a personal foul, but no call by the z's. In the second half a UA defender gets tangled up with the colgate qb both falling out of bounds and colgate gets an extra fifteen yds {or it may have been half to goal line call}. Watch the game again if you get a chance, but their was no PF on the play? Anyhow the D did come up big when they had to.

Edited by dslyank

A little off topic except that it concerns who's on the roster for first 2 games . . . I might have missed a post along the way, but why isn't Dillon Romaine on the roster?

I was going to ask the same thing...I remember last year talking to his mother for about 30 minutes at one of the games (can't remember which)...she was very excited for him to be playing in BoFo...not sure what happened.

A little off topic except that it concerns who's on the roster for first 2 games . . . I might have missed a post along the way, but why isn't Dillon Romaine on the roster?

I was going to ask the same thing...I remember last year talking to his mother for about 30 minutes at one of the games (can't remember which)...she was very excited for him to be playing in BoFo...not sure what happened.

Interesting. Found Dillon on the University of New Haven roster for 2013. http://www.newhavenchargers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2066&path=football