UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

You don't remember his sweet jump throw on third and long?

It was actually on fourth and two.

I haven't seen the replay yet, so what was that clusterf*ck just before that? Did Omar make the first down (I thought I saw the ref signal it) but they didn't change the down marker, so we hurried another dive play to make it, but it was really first down already so we ended up with second and nine? Did we think we had to catch URI flatfooted so we didn't take the time to ask what down it was or if the chains weren't right?

Lol... No idea what happened there... It's almost like the red signaled first down... Linesman were asleep and didn't move the chains...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the replay yet, so what was that clusterf*ck just before that? Did Omar make the first down (I thought I saw the ref signal it) but they didn't change the down marker, so we hurried another dive play to make it, but it was really first down already so we ended up with second and nine? Did we think we had to catch URI flatfooted so we didn't take the time to ask what down it was or if the chains weren't right?

Lol... No idea what happened there... It's almost like the red signaled first down... Linesman were asleep and didn't move the chains...

It was clearly a first down, but the chains didn't move. For some reason instead of waiting for the chains to move, we hurried up and basically wasted a play. Instead of stopping the play once they realized the chains hadn't moved, they kept the play alive and essentially counted it as 1st down.

Play should have been erased. Then again, we had zero reason to rush that play anyway.

It was clearly a first down, but the chains didn't move. For some reason instead of waiting for the chains to move, we hurried up and basically wasted a play. Instead of stopping the play once they realized the chains hadn't moved, they kept the play alive and essentially counted it as 1st down.

Play should have been erased. Then again, we had zero reason to rush that play anyway.

But if the chains weren't ready the officials shouldn't have put the ball in play. I blame it all on the curse of fireworks night.

We were in the beer garden when the national anthem was played. Was it the band that played it because we didn't hear it at all.

Yes...it was quiet...

I don't understand why we don't have the band section miked and piped into the stadium sound system. I attend most Pitt games and they have a huge band and have multiple mikes set up.

But if the chains weren't ready the officials shouldn't have put the ball in play. I blame it all on the curse of fireworks night.

Agreed. The linesman and the back judge were not on the same page. The ball was set but the chains weren't ready.

Joining topic late, had to go out of town first thing Sunday, but was at the game Saturday night. Stadium absolutely awesome. But it took my wife the better part of a qtr to get a tea and a popcorn. Concessions must do better if we want big crowds and BIG sales.

Speaking of big crowds, I fear unless we start playing better we will not have to worry about long concession lines. So where does the blame lie---THE COACHING STAFF...... This team was not ready to play saturday and was totally intimated by its surroundings. When the field goal kicker runs on the field as the ball is being snapped, where and who is calling and organizing that play. The fantom first down no call was pretty much directly in front of me {section 103} and with binoculars it was definitely a first down, but after the dive it looked like we actually lost yardage. Someone should have been questioning that no call before we wasted a down. The non-existent 2 minute drill. When the qb consistently passes up opportunities to run 10-12 yds almost uncontested where is the coach upstairs recognizing this is available for him?

I am not a coach nor a player and never have been, but I have been watching great dane football for 40 years and saturday was about the most I have ever been disappointed in the staff. From the play calling to the gaffs {which I know it is the player doing, but isn't it the coaches who are responsible for keeping player mistakes to a minimum} and we were not exactly playing a power house team. So I (my opinion) blame the coaching staff for the poor performance saturday. Does anyone think RI has more or better talent than UA?

Edited by dslyank

I'm going to chalk this up to the moment being to big for this team...I'm not sure I've ever seen a more mistake filled effort out of the danes then this game. The kicker running out last second was pretty funny and a microcosm of how the whole night went. It's fourth down...you don't think you need to be out there? SMH...