UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Attendance (Home Opener)  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UAlbany football had nearly 11,000 fans attend its home opener.

The Cleveland Indians had only 9,000 fans at a recent game.

UAlbany out drew more fans than the Cleveland Indians.

That's REALLY SAD for the Indians. Wow. And they build stadium with 6x the capacity of our little stadium.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's REALLY SAD for the Indians. Wow. And they build stadium with 6x the capacity of our little stadium.

The dangers of not winning (which hopefully UA does not have to deal with for long at all.)

Cleveland used to have some of the most supportive fans in the game.

"From June 12, 1995, to April 4, 2001, an empty seat at the ballpark then known as Jacobs Field was an endangered species. For 455 consecutive regular-season home games, Indians fans filled -- or at least paid for -- every seat in the house."

Let's not go overboard. The Indians have had two games barely under 10K, on a Monday and Tuesday in Sept., but are averaging over 19,000.

Looking at one-game numbers is why I don't like people saying if we don't average a sellout we can't justify expansion. The overflow from Homecoming won't show up three weeks later.

The Indians' sellout streak came when the park was new. Same at Camden Yards. A new stadium can give a temporary attendance boost, but more basic factors (fan base and winning) will determine long-term crowds.

Attendance for CCSU game of 6412 is 9th all time for a UA home game. Homecoming should be higher (sell out please) which will put all 3 home games in top 10 in attendance all time.

Average announced attendance through 2 games is 7456.

Yes we know there were closer to 11,000 a the first game.

so far - If you build it..

These loses to weak NEC and CAA teams could not come at a worse time. UA is trying to lock in a decade long stadium naming rights deal.

Attendance and excitement in these first few games will impact a decade of UA fans, players and coaches. It's these early games that corporations are looking at to project value and place bids.

I just saw the pictures from Saturdays game. Don't know if it was during half time or what, but the gold seas were 85% empty with the majority of the people in the reserved seating sections. Is it the price of the seats an issue? There's just no reason so many should be empty.

This was an issue in both games. If you look at pictures of both. You can clearly see the yellow seats. It has to be the price...or because they were only sold to people who gave a lot of money and are probably alumni that aren't from the area.

I just saw the pictures from Saturdays game. Don't know if it was during half time or what, but the gold seas were 85% empty with the majority of the people in the reserved seating sections. Is it the price of the seats an issue? There's just no reason so many should be empty.

This was an issue in both games. If you look at pictures of both. You can clearly see the yellow seats. It has to be the price...or because they were only sold to people who gave a lot of money and are probably alumni that aren't from the area.

It's the yankee stadium syndrome, a bunch of empty expensive seats for one reason or another...sold to people/companies that use it one game a year. Or also maybe in our case not sold at all. Anyone have an idea of how many gold seats are available to purchase?

It's the yankee stadium syndrome, a bunch of empty expensive seats for one reason or another...sold to people/companies that use it one game a year. Or also maybe in our case not sold at all. Anyone have an idea of how many gold seats are available to purchase?

I was told the available gold seats go on sale the Monday before the game. At least 30 are usually available, or at least that was the case for the URI game.

I predicted a long time ago, that un-sold gold seats would look bad and be problematic selling game day ("less than market value"--ie pissing off donors,who may now NOT re-up). When I expressed these concerns to powers to be, I was more or less told to stop complaining; when I was not trying to complain, but simply pointing out the potential problems.

Edited by dslyank