UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% about Syracuse.

I agree with the play in games on the mock bracket. Good calls.

As for Cornell, they shouldn't have a home game...

Yeah, if we're #14.... if you shuffle around seeds a slight bit, maybe seeing a virginia.

I guess it all depends.

Was a lousy draw for us. We are the 14 seed technically and Harvard who we beat, is a 11 seed and an at-large. Still think the Canisus loss at home stood out on our resume.

P.S. The guy Paul loves us on the selection show. Saw the Thompsons live yesterday and could not believe them. On the other hand, Quint does not like us. Very little respect.

I think it is a pretty good draw. Even though they were national champs two years ago, and #1 in the final polls (I think they thusly should have deserved a #1 seed in the tournament); but I still rather play them than any ACC team. Also we beat them in the 2007 ncaa (UA site wrongly says first ever meeting). They are more noted for their defense than O (aka umass, penn state, penn, princeton--all of whom we beat or tied this season/preseason). In lacrosse (in my opinion) the AmEast is every bit as good (maybe even better) than the patriot league. I am a bit concerned that Loyola will use the slight of not getting the #1 seed to be extremely motivated to prove the selection committee wrong; however UA has a number of slights to motivate them equally and in the end, what happens on the field is all that matters. GO DANES.

Scott was on Wyland's show this morning. He was disappointed in his ex-teammate Quint Kessenich being disrespectful to us ("sure they can score, but can they do it against a good team?") and the other non-traditional teams on the selection show. Said to say something nice about everybody to show respect for their accomplishments, save that other stuff for your blog.

He also said that after we stomped Loyola in the '07 playoffs they changed their style to open it up more, so this should be a pretty high-scoring game.

Scott was on Wyland's show this morning. He was disappointed in his ex-teammate Quint Kessenich being disrespectful to us ("sure they can score, but can they do it against a good team?") and the other non-traditional teams on the selection show. Said to say something nice about everybody to show respect for their accomplishments, save that other stuff for your blog.

He also said that after we stomped Loyola in the '07 playoffs they changed their style to open it up more, so this should be a pretty high-scoring game.

Quint kessnich hah. This is what I see when I see him on tv...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/11/29/5157664/bo-pelini-shuts-down-a-quint-kessenich-halftime-question