UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a major issue—Hamlet is right to point it out

The assistant AD told us they've been concerned about it for years and are hoping something gets resolved soon.

When your school has no consistent identity, it hurts everything.

Leave the "@" to Twitter. We need a new name!

Edited by Jammaster

About 7 million people watched that edition of CBS Evening News, according to MediaBistro. It would have been fine with me if CBS used any preposition they wanted -- on, in, above, below, around, whatever -- as long as 7 million viewers go to see the Thompsons and hear about "University" and "Albany." Those are the key words, "University" and "Albany," as in "UAlbany" and "UA UA UA UA . . . UA UA UA UA."

Need to start a petition at WhiteHouse.gov to get the NCAA to give them unlimited eligibility! They are so exciting & fun to watch and great for the game! Gonna miss them, but glad we have Lyle for one more year!

Do we have him for another year for sure? Losing his brother and cousin I can see him going pro, but I hope I'm completely wrong.

About 7 million people watched that edition of CBS Evening News, according to MediaBistro. It would have been fine with me if CBS used any preposition they wanted -- on, in, above, below, around, whatever -- as long as 7 million viewers go to see the Thompsons and hear about "University" and "Albany." Those are the key words, "University" and "Albany," as in "UAlbany" and "UA UA UA UA . . . UA UA UA UA."

Significantly more people watched the segment on ABC News a couple of weeks ago. It would be great if 60 Minutes or Real Sports on HBO would pick up on this story, then you're talking about 10-15 minutes of coverage rather than 2-3...now THAT would be awesome (seems like a perfect story for these types of programs too, hopefully it gets some traction)

Instead of getting the govt involved into another arena where they don't belong... how about we enjoy Lyle next year,

and broaden our lacrosse pipeline from the Onondaga Nation to UA!

I keep hearing a rumor that we have @ least one and maybe two coming next year from the "Nation". One is supposedly a real upper echelon recruit?? Can anyone confirm?? Also, I believe pro-lacrosse does not pay a living wage and most players must supplement with "real" work. If this is really the case, I would be surprised if Lyle left school early. In any case, it is not the nba or nfl .