UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is there a real game on November 8?

I agree. If you support them on the road, you support showing the local community that Albany IS the bigger draw in the area and the team to support. Financial support notwithstanding, if you show the players you support them, it will help recruiting in the future..

The players know I support them. I see some of them supporting other Danes teams as well and like dslyank I will be supporting another Danes team in a battle for postseason. I only can get to a few road games each season due to other Danes teams playing and other commitments(mostly work) so if I am not a good enough fan in the eyes of some, so be it and I most certainly do not need to justify to anyone not giving up my hard earned money to LCC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who do not know; bob87 has logged more miles coast to coast (an even Hawaii) in "SUPPORT" of UA teams, than probably anyone in UA history. So when he refuses to support the inequitable arrangement we have with $iena and the tu (a community financed building), perhaps you might NOT want to question his UA loyalty, and at least respect his conviction.

For those who do not know; bob87 has logged more miles coast to coast (an even Hawaii) in "SUPPORT" of UA teams, than probably anyone in UA history. So when he refuses to support the inequitable arrangement we have with $iena and the tu (a community financed building), perhaps you might NOT want to question his UA loyalty, and at least respect his conviction.

I wish there was a way to actually have an actual miles logged 'log-off'. From reading this board, I am sure Bob87 has logged many miles in support of UA sports - maybe more than all others. It would be interesting to be able to compare total miles because I have not been sitting on my ass all these years myself. We are gold and purple warriors of the road.

And Bob even has a personal advocate.

I wish there was a way to actually have an actual miles logged 'log-off'. From reading this board, I am sure Bob87 has logged many miles in support of UA sports - maybe more than all others. It would be interesting to be able to compare total miles because I have not been sitting on my ass all these years myself. We are gold and purple warriors of the road.

I am not the only fan who go to road games when they can.

That is not my point. To me LCC is not the only Road game to show support. I do find it offensive when someone says or implies someone else is not a Danes fan for skipping that game to go to heaven forbid a Danes game in a less popular sport, but still 1 that deserves support and 1 that I support also whenever I can..

I have friends with UA season tickets in front of me and behind me that do not attend the Siena game because of the poor seats. They can see the game better on TV(if it is televised this year). Last night(Tuesday) Marissa Jacques(sp?) said 7,000 tickets had been sold. I think attendance will continue to slide as long as the Indians(whoops--Saints) continue to treat UA as minor leaguers.

I am not the only fan who go to road games when they can.

That is not my point. To me LCC is not the only Road game to show support. I do find it offensive when someone says or implies someone else is not a Danes fan for skipping that game to go to heaven forbid a Danes game in a less popular sport, but still 1 that deserves support and 1 that I support also whenever I can..

I have friends with UA season tickets in front of me and behind me that do not attend the Siena game because of the poor seats. They can see the game better on TV(if it is televised this year). Last night(Tuesday) Marissa Jacques(sp?) said 7,000 tickets had been sold. I think attendance will continue to slide as long as the Indians(whoops--Saints) continue to treat UA as minor leaguers.

I will most likely not attend once this contract is up unless we get more equitable seats...we don't owe Siena a thing...! If they can go up to UVM (another AE school) they can come to SEFCU every other year.

I've registered my complaint many times with McElroy and will do so again...this current arrangement that casts us as a second class citizen is a joke. LCC is a garbage athletic program (and an abortion on the basketball court since Fran left)...time to stop letting them push us around.

Cancel it or true home and home!

Edited by Clickclack

I think we should play Siena twice a year. A season opener is great and then another game later in the season. The TUC attendance will be the same, and we would sell out the SEFCU. It's a win win. Did the Georgetown-Syracuse rivalry get diminished from playing twice a year? Did Duke/UNC? Michigan/OSU or MSU?? The rivalry would stay the same or get better!

I wouldn't mind the game staying at the TUC. A lot of people want to go and they'll buy tickets and I think that's great.

However:

-The game should not be part of either team season ticket package.

-Split the arena down the middle and give each school half the tickets to sell.

-The women's game should stand alone and be played on campus, rotating between the two schools. It should also be promoted like crazy.

I wouldn't mind the game staying at the TUC. A lot of people want to go and they'll buy tickets and I think that's great.

However:

-The women's game should stand alone and be played on campus, rotating between the two schools. It should also be promoted like crazy.

I may accept those terms if they remove it from their season ticket package and split the arena...the point is...it's enough of that *hit stain of a program dictating terms.

However:

I think DP's proposal is very fair and reasonable. I would be fine with these terms.

The women's game on campus at the SEFCU would be an event and so fun to attend.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

However:

DP

I would have no problem with your scenario. I have been saying that for years and

I would do what is done for just about any football bowl game. That is split the arena down the middle like you say with each team controlling half the seats. Season ticket holders are given the option of purchasing seats which are assigned by a point system(most schools donations and/or length of time with season tickets are what determines the # of points) before any left are put on sale.

Obviously the women's game should be a stand alone for the people who want to see Albany blow that LCC team out of the building and not a " distraction" for LCC fans arriving only arriving for the men's game.

We get tickets from Siena, regarless of the bad location, and the $ derived from the ticket sales are ours, so I feel as long as I get my tickets from UA, I'm "contributing" to UA. If I got them from the TU box office, I might feel differently. I hope UA sells all of their allotment, to maximise revenue.

Dang, this topic gets hammered to death year after year, and deservedly so.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with the terms.

Everyone has good points... ones brought up every year.

UA gets its dinky allotment in the lower corner, so buying through the AD does support the school, regardless of how minimally.

Home and home alternating years, one option.

Splitting arena and tickets down the middle, another option.

It's not a money thing for me, it's getting good seats for our university and fans.

The game should be played at the knick. So, the real solution is splitting the arena.

I like seeing the girls play as a part of the grand event.

Back to reality, we get screwed each year, and each one of us need to decide how we handle

the situation.... go or not to go... go and where to sit...

McElroy, step up and make some changes to this current debacle.

I was going to mention this a day ago, but Bob is one hell of UA sports fan.

There are quite a few posters on here that are as well. We all support UA athletics, in our own way,

and we all have different perspectives on this game.

If you stay home or go elsewhere, cool.

If you go and buy through the AD, awesome.

If you go and buy through the knick, you're a fool! Just kidding, cool, and more power to ya.